The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Settle down Beavises, I log onto this thread and it's a free for all. I was going to hop in saying that I may be considering an EV in the next yr or so and that going by what's available on the market now, I'm thinking a Mustang Mach-E. I may be eligible for the federal $7.5k tax incentive plus what LA looks to be adding as an additional $2.5k state incentive.

If that's the case, I'd be eyeballing the Premium model which is below the GT price-wise and a hair below performance-wise yet it has a better range than the GT. The big thing that is affecting car prices right now however is the cost of the computer chips used in them, so maybe I'll hang back for a bit before committing to a new vehicle.

Reaction score
Been looking around at EV motorcycles. I might pick up one of these for nice weather days and quick trips to the grocery etc. Digging the retro styling and it's less than 5K for the base model.

Bild_6_29774adc-c63f-40cf-aaf4-e709b8afe6b5_1800x1800.jpg

But then there's this sexy beast... I mean that color scheme is spot on for my tastes.

122853544_904216069982553_2720438139292822149_n.jpg

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Been looking around at EV motorcycles. I might pick up one of these for nice weather days and quick trips to the grocery etc. Digging the retro styling and it's less than 5K for the base model.

Bild_6_29774adc-c63f-40cf-aaf4-e709b8afe6b5_1800x1800.jpg

But then there's this sexy beast... I mean that color scheme is spot on for my tastes.

View attachment 160370

I cant do motorcycles since they are death traps.. my ex works at a hospital, and after hearing her stories every single day for years, about her motorcycle accident patients who wound up maimed and/or in various stages of paralysis (and that’s the ones who survived)- i now realize that there are only two types of motorcyclists: those that have had grotesque accidents, and those who are *going* to have grotesque accidents…. But if i were going to get one, those two look spiffy !

Reaction score
I cant do motorcycles since they are death traps.. my ex works at a hospital, and after hearing her stories every single day for years, about her motorcycle accident patients who wound up maimed and/or in various stages of paralysis (and that’s the ones who survived)- i now realize that there are only two types of motorcyclists: those that have had grotesque accidents, and those who are *going* to have grotesque accidents…. But if i were going to get one, those two look spiffy !
I do share your apprehension. It's why I'm interested in the dual-sport. Used to ride motocross and miss the ability to get out on the trails. Electric has a lot going for it over 4stroke vs 2 stroke for riding off-road in multiple environments. Worst mistake I ever made riding was following the enduro crowd up a mountain on my 2 stroke. Miserable time trying to ride up a hillside over fallen branches etc with no torque.

Honestly, I'd probably only very occasionally take it on the street for more than a couple miles. And for that, I have a few longer but low volume and speed roads that can get me where I want to be.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I do share your apprehension. It's why I'm interested in the dual-sport. Used to ride motocross and miss the ability to get out on the trails. Electric has a lot going for it over 4stroke vs 2 stroke for riding off-road in multiple environments. Worst mistake I ever made riding was following the enduro crowd up a mountain on my 2 stroke. Miserable time trying to ride up a hillside over fallen branches etc with no torque.

Honestly, I'd probably only very occasionally take it on the street for more than a couple miles. And for that, I have a few longer but low volume and speed roads that can get me where I want to be.

I have mentioned here before that I’m looking to possibly retire early overseas.. and in a lot of these cheap countries with American expats, especially in Asia, scooters are very popular.. So if i go that route, i may do a scooter, since, at least in my perception- you cant go as fast as with a motorcycle , which might make scooters safer.. of course, this does nothing to account for other drivers.. in any case, these seem to be the most popular models.

D54D0933-BE59-4A49-9062-76D09C8BEEF0.jpeg

27EB89FC-4D58-4820-A64A-19771A6A4EFF.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom