The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (3 Viewers)

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's pretty interesting. Could be a good way to get people used to driving electric vehicles.

Yeah, and I think even more so than it may seem. You know what it takes to get used to driving an electric vehicle? Driving an EV one time. The driving experience is a total hook.

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
hertz went bankrupt and liquidated their fleet, or so I recall. Now they come back... and I wonder where they are going to get this $$ to buy all these vehicles.

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
That's pretty interesting. Could be a good way to get people used to driving electric vehicles.
I have often rented cars matching up with something I was thinking about buying. Usually for a weekend.

RKNSaint

Vaxxed; 2x Pfizer
Reaction score
Yeah, and I think even more so than it may seem. You know what it takes to get used to driving an electric vehicle? Driving an EV one time. The driving experience is a total hook.
I haven't driven one but fully believe what you are saying is true. My current vehicle runs out of warranty in June and I may be looking to make the leap.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't driven one but fully believe what you are saying is true. My current vehicle runs out of warranty in June and I may be looking to make the leap.
Yeah, I'm in a similar scenario. Our minivan warranty runs out in 2k miles...100k mile warranty. I'm think about trading it in for an suv, mainly because that's what my wife wants, heh. The new Kia and Hyundai suvs are probably what we're going to look at first.

hotairgypsy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
there are sooo many choices coming on the market now so go test drive a bunch...i enjoy my electric cars...

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So as of tomorrow, I will be a shareholder in Mullen, an EV manufacturer based in Brea, California . . . with a new production facility in Tunica, Mississippi. I have been a longtime shareholder of Net Element, a payments and blockchain company - and the two are merging tomorrow, with Net Element being acquired and shares changing over to Mullen. :shrug:

They make a crossover (the FIVE), a performance car (the Dragonfly), and a cargo van.

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Rivian had their IPO today. They priced it at $78 a share but it opened at $106.75 and shot up to $119.46. I couldn't get in on the IPO offering but I was able to buy 150 shares at $100. At one point, the market cap for Rivian was over $100Billion. It eventually settled down to $86Billion. Which is higher than GM, Ford, and several other auto manufacturers. Ford, BTW, has $10Billion from it's initial investment in Rivian. Amazon is rumored to have bought more Rivian stock after it went public.

People that pre-ordered Rivian vehicles got a shot at buying 175 shares the IPO's $78 price. Those people made out like bandits. Unfortunately, my pre-order was too late to get in on that action.

Article about Ford's investment.

SaintInBucLand

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Was just talking with somebody about this... What happens when we have made the shift to all EV for personal cars and people need to evacuate from a hurricane? Can imagine the thousands and thousands of cars stranded on I-75 in Florida because their charge ran out. I see this being a problem in areas along the South East and East Coast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom