The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (8 Viewers)

I'd forgotten about this one.

I really wanted to consider the Hummer but that price tag was just too ridiculous. Even the ‘cheap’ model is going to start at ~$80K and that one won’t be available for a few years.

I curious to see the pricing on the EV Silverado and Sierra. They’ll be based on the same platform as the Hummer. GMC is going to release a Denali trim first, so it’ll probably be up to $80K in price. But the Silverado may be more inline with the F150 Lightnings pricing (under $40K).

I own a 2019 e-golf and I just put down and deposit on the Ford Mach-E. I researched the Y, id4 and the Mach-e.

I was shocked I picked the first American car I have ever bought. But the 300 mile range and the reviews by edmunds (who did a comparison of the three) put me over the top.

I don’t like Tesla’s lack of connectivity to Apple. No CarPlay is a problem for me and the yearly subscription for their entertainment was a turn off.

Id4 was what I thought I would pick. But after driving it and the Mach-E; they are totally different. Like driving my golf and my brother’s e-Tron different.

In the end with the incentive plus the incentive from OR and my trade in the sticker price for my 22 California Touring edition with extended battery was under $40k

Can’t wait till April

I own a 2019 e-golf and I just put down and deposit on the Ford Mach-E. I researched the Y, id4 and the Mach-e.

I was shocked I picked the first American car I have ever bought. But the 300 mile range and the reviews by edmunds (who did a comparison of the three) put me over the top.

I don’t like Tesla’s lack of connectivity to Apple. No CarPlay is a problem for me and the yearly subscription for their entertainment was a turn off.

Id4 was what I thought I would pick. But after driving it and the Mach-E; they are totally different. Like driving my golf and my brother’s e-Tron different.

In the end with the incentive plus the incentive from OR and my trade in the sticker price for my 22 California Touring edition with extended battery was under $40k

Can’t wait till April

From everything I’ve read, Ford did a lot to copy the Model Y but give a master class on actually putting a car together. It’s too bad they increased prices by $4000 but that pales in comparison to the Model Y’s $10000 increase.

I also dislike the lack of Carplay on the Rivian I’m planning to buy. That is mainly due to my use of Waze for navigation. I will probably look for a phone mounting solution that puts the phone above the infotainment screen.

The biggest annoyance of the Mach-E is they labeled it a "mustang"

If that’s the biggest annoyance, they’ve done quite a job with it.

It is annoying that they have to go with these legacy names but the marketing people insist they sell better.

If that’s the biggest annoyance, they’ve done quite a job with it.

It is annoying that they have to go with these legacy names but the marketing people insist they sell better.

A legacy name with a certain idea or expectations attached to it. Like when people think mustang, I don't think they'd imagine this mach-e.

Would have been more interesting if they did something unexpected and called it a pinto (okay maybe not this one) or some other model name that ford hasn't used in a few decades

A legacy name with a certain idea or expectations attached to it. Like when people think mustang, I don't think they'd imagine this mach-e.

Would have been more interesting if they did something unexpected and called it a pinto (okay maybe not this one) or some other model name that ford hasn't used in a few decades
Thunderbird would be appropriate.

Thunderbird would be appropriate.
I like that…

But, as much as we complain , it was probably a good move by Ford. Most people don’t care and Ford is looking to make the Mustang name into a sub brand. The same with the Bronco name.

oh, I didn't know that was their intent.

That was 100% their intent.

Ford is going to do the same with the Raptor name. GM is looking into it for the Corvette and Hummer names. We may very well see a Corvette crossover before 2030.

BTW, sub branding in the auto industry just means you have multiple vehicles under the same name. It’s not like creating a full brand like Mercury with its own dealerships. You won’t see Mustang, Bronco, or even Hummer dealerships. It’s just marketing.

The new EV Tax Credit is dead. Manchin says he won't support the Build Back Better Bill. I guess there were to many 'B's in the name and the price tag. So no rebirth of the tax credit for Tesla. Ford will lose the credit when they cross 250000 EVs. This is most likely to happen next year.

I suspect they'll try again next year but they'll have to cut out a lot of the social measures if they're to make it past Manchin IMO.

From everything I’ve read, Ford did a lot to copy the Model Y but give a master class on actually putting a car together. It’s too bad they increased prices by $4000 but that pales in comparison to the Model Y’s $10000 increase.

I also dislike the lack of Carplay on the Rivian I’m planning to buy. That is mainly due to my use of Waze for navigation. I will probably look for a phone mounting solution that puts the phone above the infotainment screen.

I use Waze perfectly fine in my 2019 Honda Passport via Android Auto. It has an app option to use it or Google Maps. I assume Apple won't let you use Waze app through carplay? Can you use google maps app through carplay?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom