The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (7 Viewers)

man o man. As much as i want an EV, i just cannot fathom paying $600-700/mo car note or dropping $20k down on something that depreciates.

I got college and weddings in my 5-10 year future.

But by 60, ill be looking for that EV Lincoln Town car LOLOL

Car depreciation ain’t what it used to be.

Car depreciation ain’t what it used to be.
I don’t think it will stay this way. I think we have what amounts to a bubble that will pop next year. 2023.
Used cars appreciating like they are can’t last. All it will take is for something to rattle the economy and we will see used values plummet. I think if interest rates start going up, the car market (new and used) will be affected. With cars and trucks being priced the way they are right now, higher interest rates will cool down the market.

The F150 Lightning configurator is online. in a nutshell, if you want the 230mile 'standard range' battery, you can get it at a fairly decent price. The Pro model starts at just under $40K. But if you want an extended range battery (300miles) you're starting at $74000. This is because, on the XLT trim, Ford is charging $10K for the battery and $9500 for a premium pkg. You can't get the ER battery without the premium pkg. So basically it's a $20K upcharge for 300miles of range.

I was looking for something to help me make up my mind between the Ford Lightning and Rivian R1T. This was that final decision point. I'm getting a Rivian.

I wonder how long before an aftermarket battery add on is available so you can buy the regular package and then just add battery capacity.

I don’t think it will stay this way. I think we have what amounts to a bubble that will pop next year. 2023.
Used cars appreciating like they are can’t last. All it will take is for something to rattle the economy and we will see used values plummet. I think if interest rates start going up, the car market (new and used) will be affected. With cars and trucks being priced the way they are right now, higher interest rates will cool down the market.

It absolutely won’t last. It’s a bubble. I’ve seen predictions that we could see a 40% drop off by the end of 2023, at the latest. I‘m kinda lucky I picked up a Mini Countryman last spring, before prices started going really nuts.

There is no way Ford will sell hundreds of thousands of $90,000 F150s. Car prices will stay absurd until manufacturers update their electronics to be more like Tesla and get away from the decade plus old chips they currently use. In my opinion, it's also the same reason Tesla stock will continue to rise.

There is no way Ford will sell hundreds of thousands of $90,000 F150s. Car prices will stay absurd until manufacturers update their electronics to be more like Tesla and get away from the decade plus old chips they currently use. In my opinion, it's also the same reason Tesla stock will continue to rise.

The entry level model starts at just under $40K (the $90K model is the fully tricked out Platinum edition). They already had to cap advance orders at 200,000.

I doubt most people hold to their orders once they see it will cost at a minimum $74,000 for the extended range truck, plus whatever the dealership tries to tack on as well.

I doubt most people hold to their orders once they see it will cost at a minimum $74,000 for the extended range truck, plus whatever the dealership tries to tack on as well.
I think you may underestimate people and the willingness to enter into a payment, regardless of ramifications.

I'm sure some orders will cancel. But I think many will attempt, at least in short term, to make it work. If for nothing more than appearance.

So maybe I'll wait til 2023 and pick up used one at discount tee hee.

I've waffles between Tesla and Ford. Lean Ford simply because I've never owned a truck. So many times I've needed, yet never had.

I doubt it.

The base power system has 230 miles of rated range. The extended range bumps you to 300 miles on the Lariat, and 280 on the XLT and Platinum. I strongly doubt that 50 to 70 miles is a deal-breaker.

I think you may underestimate people and the willingness to enter into a payment, regardless of ramifications.

I'm sure some orders will cancel. But I think many will attempt, at least in short term, to make it work. If for nothing more than appearance.

So maybe I'll wait til 2023 and pick up used one at discount tee hee.

I've waffles between Tesla and Ford. Lean Ford simply because I've never owned a truck. So many times I've needed, yet never had.
My pandemic TV binge has led me to Meecum auto auctions. It's not unheard of that brand new vehicles like the Bronco with <10 miles on the odometer sell at auction above sticker. The specialty packages seem to go for more too.

Ford's limited run of 1st edition electric F150's? While I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it, I think folks who get cold feet might be better off taking it to auction than backing out.

The entry level model starts at just under $40K (the $90K model is the fully tricked out Platinum edition). They already had to cap advance orders at 200,000.

When I was looking at a mid-level trim Bronco Sport, the price pushed $40K.

My pandemic TV binge has led me to Meecum auto auctions. It's not unheard of that brand new vehicles like the Bronco with <10 miles on the odometer sell at auction above sticker. The specialty packages seem to go for more too.

Ford's limited run of 1st edition electric F150's? While I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it, I think folks who get cold feet might be better off taking it to auction than backing out.

That Meecum auction is nuts.

I watch those more for the older cars that get auctioned off. I actually like checking that out every now and then. I haven't in a few months tho.

I watch those more for the older cars that get auctioned off. I actually like checking that out every now and then. I haven't in a few months tho.

Barrett-Jackson is where the primo classic cars go. I love watching that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom