The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (2 Viewers)

The first hands on driving videos are in for the Ford F150 Lightning. I'm watching them now.

TFL Truck does a towing test (not their Super IKE)

Out of Spec Review

Doug DeMuro

Alex On Autos

Got a build date of June 12th for my Mach E GT. About 3 months earlier than I was expecting.

I still have an order for the Fisker Ocean which should be available for me in March. If it turns out that car is as good as it looks and isn't vaporware I could theoretically sell my GT for more than I bought it for (given prices I'm seeing advertised for used GT's) plus I get the $7500 tax credit twice (once for the Mach E and again for the Fisker)

Got a build date of June 12th for my Mach E GT. About 3 months earlier than I was expecting.

I still have an order for the Fisker Ocean which should be available for me in March. If it turns out that car is as good as it looks and isn't vaporware I could theoretically sell my GT for more than I bought it for (given prices I'm seeing advertised for used GT's) plus I get the $7500 tax credit twice (once for the Mach E and again for the Fisker)

I suspect that after you drive the Mach E, you're gonna want nothing to do with that Fisker (unless you're getting the performance model).

I suspect that after you drive the Mach E, you're gonna want nothing to do with that Fisker (unless you're getting the performance model).

I have an order for the high end Fisker. On paper it looks great... but, well, it's on paper and isn't real yet. Plus the uncertainty of a new company, ie if it goes belly up, can I still get the car serviced/replacement parts, etc.

I have an order for the high end Fisker. On paper it looks great... but, well, it's on paper and isn't real yet. Plus the uncertainty of a new company, ie if it goes belly up, can I still get the car serviced/replacement parts, etc.

Okay cool, then it looks like they should be similar in performance.

I still find that at the end of the day, the absolute best thing about the EV is the driving experience - if you have a performance model. Effortlessly dusting everyone at a red light - watching them turn into little dots in your rearview mirror - never gets old.

Okay cool, then it looks like they should be similar in performance.

I still find that at the end of the day, the absolute best thing about the EV is the driving experience - if you have a performance model. Effortlessly dusting everyone at a red light - watching them turn into little dots in your rearview mirror - never gets old.

Yeah, I made the "mistake" of test driving my friend's Model 3 Performance version, and I'm not sure I can go back. I literally couldn't stop smiling while I was driving it.

The local dealership seems to be able to keep California Route 1s on hand. I'm going to drive one tomorrow. Should I pull the trigger on this expensive purchase, random internet people?

The local dealership seems to be able to keep California Route 1s on hand. I'm going to drive one tomorrow. Should I pull the trigger on this expensive purchase, random internet people?
Do you like it? Does it fit your needs? Can you afford it? Pull the trigger if you answer yes to all three.

Yes, you should probably get 2, 1 as a backup for when the first one needs maintenance.

After all this time is that all we are to you?

I say go for it. But it might be because I’m mad at you and know it’s a bad idea. You’ll have to figure that out which is which now.

Well, never mind. They're charging $10k over MSRP. Looks like I'll be running this paid off car into the ground

Yeah, I ordered next year's model and had to confirm that they're not charging over MSRP. So I should be getting a car in December or so.

Well, never mind. They're charging $10k over MSRP. Looks like I'll be running this paid off car into the ground

Yea, I’ll never pay a dime over MSRP. It’s one of the big reasons I’ve stuck with my Rivian order. I also shopped around for a Ford F150 Raptor and the dealers here are insane with the markups on those. One had an $85K MSRP that was marked up to $125K. But some idiot still paid for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom