The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (2 Viewers)

Good, the more Chinese companies show themselves to be unreliable business partners, the less business they’ll get from overseas companies. I wonder if there is a tracker that shows a companies Chinese exposure as a risk to investors.

Agreed. The sooner we realize China is unreliable, the faster we just need to build stuff overselves again. Why can't we build microchips and batteries?

Agreed. The sooner we realize China is unreliable, the faster we just need to build stuff overselves again. Why can't we build microchips and batteries?
giphy.gif

Money...that is all.

Well we need to stop giving it to corrupt governments just in the name of money. We vote for sheetty leaders just because they promise to lower taxes, and then justify all the sheetty things they do because our check was a little higher. We buy goods from other countries that create them off the backs of unregulated labor just so we can save on prices at the store. We have really come to turn a blind eye on decency just to save a buck.

A friend of mine shared with me this morning that because his Tesla had a salvaged title the option to Super Charge his car battery was shut off. Is this normal? Is there a work around?

hmm not exactly the same scenario, but I've read similar things. Tesla can remotely lock out certain features via software and/or offer to unlock or upgrade your vehicle for a certain fee.

Well we need to stop giving it to corrupt governments just in the name of money. We vote for sheetty leaders just because they promise to lower taxes, and then justify all the sheetty things they do because our check was a little higher. We buy goods from other countries that create them off the backs of unregulated labor just so we can save on prices at the store. We have really come to turn a blind eye on decency just to save a buck.

well on the other side of things, you have companies threatening to move their business overseas unless the gov't gives them massive subsidies and tax breaks. I guess good news for some is this just passed. Also this won't change anything in the near-term, maybe in 3 to 5-ish years you might see a difference.

The "Chips and Science" act provides about $52 billion in government subsidies for U.S. semiconductor production and an investment tax credit for chip plants estimated to be worth $24 billion.

I agree. But...

Consumers are an issue as well. We love to tell others about our special deals we won, and finding more for cheap. This leads the industry to cut cost and rinse and repeat. We consumers have to be willing to pay for the higher embedded cost from higher labor rates.

The Taylor, TX (Austin metro) facility is expected to be operational sometime in 2024. There are reports of Samsung making a much larger investment but some of that extends pretty far out into the future.

$37,495 uses a new 62kWh battery that musters an estimated 208 miles of range

The $42,495 ID.4 Pro upgrades to an 82kWh battery with an estimated 275-mile range and 170kW DC fast charging

$37,495 uses a new 62kWh battery that musters an estimated 208 miles of range

The $42,495 ID.4 Pro upgrades to an 82kWh battery with an estimated 275-mile range and 170kW DC fast charging

I've narrowed my selection to either the ID.4 or the Ioniq. Love the Rivian, but I cannot justify spending that much on a truck.

I've narrowed my selection to either the ID.4 or the Ioniq. Love the Rivian, but I cannot justify spending that much on a truck.
It is quite pricey. Especially after the March 1st price increases. The reality of the matter is that the R1T starts at $79500. There is a more basic, dual motor, version planned that will start at $67500, but it won't be available until 2024 at the earliest.

I ordered mine before the price increases. It's still $80K but mine will be very well equipped.

It is quite pricey. Especially after the March 1st price increases. The reality of the matter is that the R1T starts at $79500. There is a more basic, dual motor, version planned that will start at $67500, but it won't be available until 2024 at the earliest.

I ordered mine before the price increases. It's still $80K but mine will be very well equipped.

I gathered from getting caught up on this tread. SR hasn't been on my priority list for a while but now I am back. SOOOO much to get caught up on.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a '22 ID.4 AWD Pro that the ABQ dealer has, but I hate the color. But they are offering $41k trade value on my Tacoma. I paid $39k for it 19 months ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom