The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (5 Viewers)

Electrek has an article summarizing the new EV tax credit.

Here is a Reddit article outlining vehicles that can qualify for the new tax credit. However, these are educated guesses because we don't know the battery contents of these vehicles.

The new tax credit has batter content and mineral requirements that very few manufactures can meet. Basically it's saying you can't get your batteries from China. I support this measure but the timing of the implementation is problematic. This article outlines how the Washington bureaucracy may be able to fix that.

The Alliance for Automotive Innovation says there are 72 EV models avaliabile for purchase in the US. 70% are ineligible for the tax credit per the laws sourcing requirements. There is also additional "sourcing" requirements that I'm not entirely clear on but would take effect in 2029 and require 100% made US battery which currently eliminates all 72 EV models...

I just confirmed my Rivian R1T order. I should start the purchase process within a week or two. My truck 'should' be here in September.

*execute happy dance*

Things are moving fast. Rivian is starting the purchase process. I'm currently waiting to get their trade in offer for my Mini Countryman.

I guess I need to get a car loan processed with Navy FCU.

MY TRUCK IS HERE!!

I stopped my the service center and trucks were being delivered! My truck was among them. I still have two steps to complete before I can take delivery. I expect to be driving it home by Thursday.

572CBA10-6B5E-4402-AF59-F2DF99A55D90.jpeg

MY TRUCK IS HERE!!

I stopped my the service center and trucks were being delivered! My truck was among them. I still have two steps to complete before I can take delivery. I expect to be driving it home by Thursday.

572CBA10-6B5E-4402-AF59-F2DF99A55D90.jpeg
Congrats! Which one is it?

I pick up my Mach E tomorrow!
Jealous.

I just learned that 23’s go on presale on the 15th with delivery expected before the end of the year.

As an aside-

I sold mine to an auto broker for $63k. He said Mach e is the second most sought after vehicle, return on i investment wise. #1 was the Hummer SUV - mainly because people are willing to pay double for it but it is a tiny market.

My ‘23 will have my tax credit from the ‘22, should still qualify for a second tax credit plus the $ I made off the first one and I will end up paying half price.

Im happy for you guys with ur shiny new EVs.. but im at a point in my life where ive decided that i hope to never have to purchase or finance an expensive new vehicle again.. right now i have a company car (2022 Ford Edge) but im not crazy about it so i usually drive my personal 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee.. my question is this: Since my goal is to never finance or purchase again (outside of maybe a cheap beater vehicle when i no longer have company cars)- i have long thought about converting my Jeep into an EV.. traditionally that has not been a cheap prospect, but im thinking that as technology evolves, it’ll be more in reach for people to convert their existing ICE vehicles (even classic cars) into EVs.. Does anyone know the rough cost of somehting like that ? And perhaps more importantly- does anyone know of a company (companies?) who do this type of work, that i could invest in? Because i think if it were attainable to covert ICE cars to EV cars, there would be millions of potential customers .

Im happy for you guys with ur shiny new EVs.. but im at a point in my life where ive decided that i hope to never have to purchase or finance an expensive new vehicle again.. right now i have a company car (2022 Ford Edge) but im not crazy about it so i usually drive my personal 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee.. my question is this: Since my goal is to never finance or purchase again (outside of maybe a cheap beater vehicle when i no longer have company cars)- i have long thought about converting my Jeep into an EV.. traditionally that has not been a cheap prospect, but im thinking that as technology evolves, it’ll be more in reach for people to convert their existing ICE vehicles (even classic cars) into EVs.. Does anyone know the rough cost of somehting like that ? And perhaps more importantly- does anyone know of a company (companies?) who do this type of work, that i could invest in? Because i think if it were attainable to covert ICE cars to EV cars, there would be millions of potential customers .
I don’t know the costs but there is someone on Tiktok converting their Wrangler into an EV. You can buy crate electric motors from Ford and some folks get used Tesla batteries for these projects.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom