The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (5 Viewers)

Man, this is killing me. I keep wanting to pull the trigger on something, but then I see the upcoming models coming out in a year or two, and they look amazing. Like the buyer's remorse is going to kill me on this no matter what because it seems like there will be a massive leap in quality every year on these.

Man, this is killing me. I keep wanting to pull the trigger on something, but then I see the upcoming models coming out in a year or two, and they look amazing. Like the buyer's remorse is going to kill me on this no matter what because it seems like there will be a massive leap in quality every year on these.
You should definitely Pre-order then.

I know some here put down in multiple models.

You can put down as little as $500 on models and it is fully refundable if you change your mind or find out a major tech upgrade is coming etc.

I carried it on a 6 month 0 interest cc so I didn’t even miss it.

FOMO (fear of missing out) is a real thing. But, maybe a silver lining. Say you choose a vehicle, but eventually dislike it, or want something else that comes out in a year or two etc. I doubt you would have any problems selling it. But also, some of the vehicles coming out a year or two.. you might have to get in on the waiting list this year, in order to get one when they do first come out

I finished Rivian’s 8 step buying process today. I’m set to take delivery of my truck tomorrow.

I will note that the buying process leave a bit to be desired. It’s not yet less painful than going to a dealership. 1st off, Rivian took almost three days to get back to me with offer on my trade in. They did low ball me a bit but the sales tax reduction for the trade in made it worth it. After that I found that they had set my sales tax wrong. Rivian based my sales tax on my zip code. The problem there is that my zip code spans Boulder and Weld counties. There is a 2% difference in taxes between the two. Car dealers have made that mistake as well but they were able to fix it instantly. In Rivian’s case, it took two more days. This also prevented me from finalizing my finance and down payment steps. Once the tax issue was resolved, things got moving quick.

I went to Navy Federal CU and got the check for buying the truck. I uploaded a photo of the check and then was able to conduct an ACH transfer of my downpayment from the CU to Rivian using the Plaid. After that it was a couple minutes of reading and signing the last of the paperwork and I was done. All I have to do tomorrow is drive to the Rivian service center in Denver, hand them the check and get the keys.

My electrician did all the hardwiring for my charger this morning. I’m still waiting for the charger to arrive, but I expect it here by Monday at the latest. Then my electrician can finish the job.

I’ll post pics tomorrow.

The sound thing kind of seems gimmicky to me. I like a lot of that design tho.
The sound thing is definitely a gimmick. But hot diggity dawg that is one hawt lookin' ride.

Well, it’s officially official. I picked up my R1T today. Bonus, there was an R1S in the Service Center as well.

I’m still waiting for my charger and cargo crossbars. I should have those in a few days.

7F450C50-CE35-4B86-B0F1-9D1D4994CF1A.jpeg

60BE8FAF-4370-43AE-940A-7F0EE9D8F130.jpeg

Well, it’s officially official. I picked up my R1T today. Bonus, there was an R1S in the Service Center as well.

I’m still waiting for my charger and cargo crossbars. I should have those in a few days.

7F450C50-CE35-4B86-B0F1-9D1D4994CF1A.jpeg

60BE8FAF-4370-43AE-940A-7F0EE9D8F130.jpeg

Congrats man!

I wonder how long they can sustain these losses

It’s good news bad news. They loss less than expected for the quarter but expect wider losses for the entire year. But they have $14.9billion in cash and they have a line of credit for more beyond that. As the article states, they need $5billion to open the new Georgia plant for the R2 platform. They also need to get the dual motor version of the R1 in production because it better fits under the $80K Truck/SUV cap. IMO, if they can weather 2023, Rivian will make it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom