The Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread (Merged) (9 Viewers)

Can anyone explain to me the appeal of the Cybertruck? I think it looks ugly AF, like it came off the set of Aliens 2. It seems like it would be a b**ch to park in typical parking lots/garages, and just looking at it I can't see how it improves on the utility of a standard truck in terms of bed utility.

On top of that, the Rivian truck is sexy AF and Ford, Chevy, and other companies are presumably putting out their own EV trucks into market before Tesla's becomes available.

Someone explain this to me like I'm a 5 year old.
Ugly or no, it looks unlike anything that's been done before, so there is a market for it. I also think people are hesitant to bet against Tesla as that was to their detriment for the past 6 or 7 years. The biggest problem is how long it's taking to get to the market. If this thing was rolling out last year, it would be sold out.

Well I'll be darn. Toyota went and made the Prius a pretty nice looking car. The article indicates it should have an electric only range of about 38 miles. That's plenty for the majority. The powertrain looks very interesting too. They're offering it in AWD. I think Toyota should consider something like this for the next gen Tacoma.

I do expect this to be the last hybrid version of the Prius. I think Toyota is starting to see the light on EVs and may start altering their hydrogen strategy. IMO that technology is much better for heavy trucking.

Anyone looked at the Chevy Bolt EUV? There are some compromises, but the price point is pretty attractive with 6300$ off sticker on inventory sitting right now.

I've found they have lower charge rating than current standards and only 247 mile range, but for a city errand car make a good bit of sense.

Anyone looked at the Chevy Bolt EUV? There are some compromises, but the price point is pretty attractive with 6300$ off sticker on inventory sitting right now.

I've found they have lower charge rating than current standards and only 247 mile range, but for a city errand car make a good bit of sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom