The Emerging Talent of Marquez Callaway (1 Viewer)

That could have something to do with CGM being out too though.
It will be interesting to see if Brees largely ignores his other options once Michael Thomas returns... and if not, if Thomas starts chirping because he’s not getting all of the looks
I was thinking that and was going to edit my post but I guess we'll see. Hope he continues to trust Sanders as well when Thomas comes back.

I've always enjoyed watching WR's who can catch the football away from their bodies.

Callaway is only going to get better.
I thought the same and was delighted to see him reach out a pull a pass out of the air.

I thought the same and was delighted to see him reach out a pull a pass out of the air.

Seeing him lower his shoulder and get physical with the DB was nice to see, too. I wouldn't at all be shocked to see him eating into TQS's snaps by the end of the season.

Thinking about him last Sunday's game. He's a fast, quick, talented runner, and not a huge dropoff from Harris. We finally have depth at punt/KO returner, and Callaway can probably even play gunner and maybe get more targets.

I remember reading during camp is how impressed there were with Callaway as a gunner.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks Payton speaks in a very disjointed manner.

I mean here's a classic case on his thoughts about Callaway:

Coach responded, "There's been glimpses you know, he's got speed. He had a few snaps today, where you see it in special teams. He certainly has the one, two. He's learning. He's obviously learning at a very quick pace."

its crazy you can read this in Payton’s voice, down to the pauses and inflections lol

But yeah Calloway looked smooth and quick. Think that was my first time seeing him in action so I was surprised. Sure he will see more snaps

I know I'm not the only one who thinks Payton speaks in a very disjointed manner.

I mean here's a classic case on his thoughts about Callaway:

Coach responded, "There's been glimpses you know, he's got speed. He had a few snaps today, where you see it in special teams. He certainly has the one, two. He's learning. He's obviously learning at a very quick pace."

I call that "Payton shorthand". He talks it to people he knows can easily convert it into longhand.

I call that "Payton shorthand". He talks it to people he knows can easily convert it into longhand.
I think this: Payton seems impressed with the player. There are some things that need to be cleaned up, but he's smart and can run.

The author thinks Kamara is a wide receiver/return man?? That's weird because I drafted him as a running back in my fantasy league. Someone let yahoo know that he should be assigned as a WR please!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom