The End of Futurama (1 Viewer)

THENZA

Most excellent!
Reaction score
Truly one of the best shows ever. It never got as famous as The Simpsons, but I thought it was better.

Sucks to see it go.

MC Hippy is devastated...

In memoriam:

1faEnTz.gif

I'm gonna miss it..
It's a rare combination of humor and some pretty deep stories..
The episodes where they found Fry's fossilized dog and the one with the 7 leaf clover were as solid as any show on tv.

Also, there was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wijgAK9_KXM

I'm hoping it gets picked up by another network. Has there ever been a show that ran with 3 different networks?

To me, seasons 1-3 were gold. Season 4 was stretching things thin and after the movies, it was too much contemporary social satire...that is, what little of season 5+ I've seen.

But...Luck of the Fryrish and the Godfellas will always be my most treasured episodes of any cartoon, ever.

The smartest show, non-educational type of course, ever on television.

The Futurama theorem is a real-life mathematical theorem invented by Futurama writer Ken Keeler, who holds a PhD in applied mathematics, purely for use in the Season 6 episode "The Prisoner of Benda".

It is the first known theorem to be created for the sole purpose of entertainment in a TV show, and, according to Keeler, was included to popularize math among young people.
The theorem proves that, regardless of how many mind switches between two bodies have been made, they can still all be restored to their original bodies using only two extra people, provided these two people have not had any mind switches prior (assuming two people cannot switch minds back with each other after their original switch).

Futurama theorem - The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki

The alien languages in Futurama are set of background jokes, appearing in the background through out the length of the show. The intention of these alien languages was for its viewers to discover how they work and then decipher them, feats at which its fanbase have excelled.

Technically, they are not 'languages' per se, but a ciphered form of English, or more precisely, Latin characters, since not all of their 'translations' are in English.
There are only two of these 'languages' known to exist, or at least deciphered. Some fans believe a 3rd language was introduced in the fourth season, but this has never been confirmed.

For a list of sightings, see list of alien language sightings.

Alien languages - The Infosphere, the Futurama Wiki

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 31
Rejoice fans of Futurama...

Original series cast members Billy West, Katey Sagal, Tress MacNeille, Maurice LaMarche, Lauren Tom, Phil LaMarr and David Herman will all return. John DiMaggio, who voiced Bender and several minor characters, is not currently attached. According to an individual with knowledge of the project, the producers are hopeful DiMaggio will return. Should that not happen, Bender will be recast.

I don't want to live in a world without the original Bender.

Now stand back while I practice my stabbing.

Hope DiMaggio comes back on board

Only acceptable reason to recast is if he just can’t do the voice anymore which can happen

I will never turn down more Futurama

I always enjoy it, even the ‘bad’ episodes aren’t that bad

But I’m pretty sure at least 75% of my favorite Futurama episodes are from the original run

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom