The ESPN mocks are pretty cool (1 Viewer)

yaygosaints

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm sort of new to fantasy baseball so I went try out a fantasy draft, what do you guys think about this team?

C- Kenji Johjima
1B- Justin Morneau
2B- Dan Uggla
3B- Ryan Zimmerman
SS- Rafael Furcal
OF- Matt Holliday
OF- Magglio Ordonez
OF- Curtis Granderson
OF- Delmon Young
OF- Willy Taveras
2B/SS- Ryan Theriot
1B/3B- Troy Glaus
Util- Travis Hafner

Pitchers-
Fausto Carmona
Javier Vazquez
Jeff Francis
Chien-Ming Wang
Manny Corpas
Jeremy Bonderman
Joba Chamberlain
Curt Schilling (missed the pick, computer auto-picked)
Jonathon Broxton

Bench-
Evan Longoria
Melky Cabrera
David DeJesus

Needs more Red Sox. :hihi:

Seriously though, offensively it's not too shabby, though you may want to beef up on your pitching a little bit though. Keep an eye on the waiver wire the first few weeks to see if you can pickup some unknown a la Okajima last year.

I was thinking my pitching was lacking a little bit. I think Fausto is one of the best pitchers in the league, Javier Vazquez had over 200 k's last year, Francis was pretty good and still young, Chien-Ming Wang won 19 games. I held out on the pitching for a while. First 3 rounds I beefed up my outfield. May have reached for Granderson, but he is a total stud.

I was thinking my pitching was lacking a little bit. I think Fausto is one of the best pitchers in the league, Javier Vazquez had over 200 k's last year, Francis was pretty good and still young, Chien-Ming Wang won 19 games. I held out on the pitching for a while. First 3 rounds I beefed up my outfield. May have reached for Granderson, but he is a total stud.

Yea, I think you're right there. Fausto's had the great ERA last year and Vazquez can make up for the lack of K's from Wang, and playing with that Yankee offense Wang will rack up the wins again.

On a side note, I haven't kept up with the Yankees as much this offseason. Do you know what's the word with Joba this year? Is he still coming out of the pen or are they moving him to starter full time? I know there was some debate between Hank, Hal, and Cashman with this.

The latest I heard was he will be a set up man until after the All-Star break, when they will try to make him a starter.

I just did an ESPN mock and it happens to be my first fantasy baseball draft ever because this year will be my first year playing. I guess I did well considering my internet screwed up and the computer made two of my picks.

C Bengie Molina, SF
1B Derrek Lee, ChC
2B Brian Roberts, Bal
3B Adrian Beltre, Sea (1st of 2 straight computer picks, had a problem with my internet)
SS Hanley Ramirez, Fla
OF Magglio Ordonez, Det
OF Eric Byrnes, Ari
OF Josh Hamilton, Tex
OF Johnny Damon, NYY
OF Randy Winn, SF
SB/SS Ian Kinsler, Tex (the other computer pick)
1B/3B Mike Lowell, Bos
UTIL Mark Ellis, Oak

P C.C. Sabathia, Cle
P Aaron Harang, Cin
P Takashi Saito, LAD
P Javier Vazquez, ChW
P Ben Sheets, Mil
P Chien-Ming Wang, NYY
P Jeff Francis, Col
P Ted Lilly, ChC
P Kevin Gregg, Fla

BEN Hank Balock, Tex
BEN A.J. Pierzynski, ChW
BEN Matt Diaz, Atl

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom