The Evil Four Letter's "Expert" ROY Early Predictions (1 Viewer)

SammyIsGod

Can he play safety? Yup!
Reaction score
Not one vote for our boy Olave. I say good, let's get that shoulder chip growing early, young man! Here is a quick breakdown:

Watson- 3 votes
Walker III- 2 votes
London- 1 vote
Burks- 3 votes
Wilson- 1 vote
Pickett- 2 votes

I usually pretend like our team is a mattress. Let them sleep on us and our players. We will just have to rip everyone’s heart out. GEAUX SAINTS…..WHO DAT!!!

This shows a big lack of faith in Winston which is pretty common nationally.
Pretty much. I've seen a ton of people who act like Jameis is still Tampa Bay Jameis. He's not even the same person he was there, much less the same player.

Not one vote for our boy Olave. I say good, let's get that shoulder chip growing early, young man! Here is a quick breakdown:

Watson- 3 votes
Walker III- 2 votes
London- 1 vote
Burks- 3 votes
Wilson- 1 vote
Pickett- 2 votes

Watson- in my second tier of WRs for the draft, and less polished/tested than the rest of that group.... but in Green Bay he has the best situation of any player on the ESPN list to win OROY.

Walker III- Seahawks are unlikely to have a competient offense. I like Walker, but being a back with little experience catching passes on a team likely to be trailing alot bodes poorly. Who is their QB? Geno?

London- Marcus Mariota is Atlanta's QB. Their offseason says they are either activley tanking, or just really suck at roster building. London was in my second tier of WRs... not the ROY. They will pick higher than 8 next year.

Burks- Maybe... Titans are a decent team. Not exactly a prolific passing attack, but the run game is strong. Had him in the second tier with London, and behind Wilson who was in the first tier, but this is a better situation for success.

Wilson- adding Wilson at WR, Hall at RB, and Ruckert at TE gives QB Zach Wilson weapons... and Max Mitchell is a good developmental tackle, but im not sold on Z.Wilson or their O-Line. I suspect the offense will still be a mess so no ROY here.

Pickett- how many games does he start? Immeideatly? If he starts more than half the games, puts up average numbers, and the Steelers have a winning record... then dime store Derek Carr may have a chance.

So out of that list, probably Watson.

Outside of their list Olave is obvious. Also Moore and Pierce were in my third WR tier, but landed in good spots for their skills.

Ridder, Corall, and Howell may all see starts given the depth charts they landed on. None of them are ready to run an NFL offense, nor do I think they will have noteworthy careers... but Corall leaning on CMC could get some hype.

McBride, Otton, and Woods are all in good spots... but I dont see them putting up the numbers a TE would have to record to have a chance.

Honestly(obviously) it is hard to predict. There are gret talents going to dumpster fires vs good talents going to better situations vs good/great talents going to goid teams... where they probably wont get enough touches (IE: Rachaad White).

Overall Olave has a great chance as he was clearly one of the top 3 prospects at his position, and is going to a good situation.

This shows a big lack of faith in Winston which is pretty common nationally.
Faith... Same group that had fairly universal faith that Howell, Ridder, Corall, and Willis were day 1-2 picks.

The saying "Take it for what its worth" is very pertinient when evaluating sports media.

I would LOVE to see a pre-season poll, where all 32 GMs and all 32 HCs anonymously rank the other 31 teams.

Pretty much. I've seen a ton of people who act like Jameis is still Tampa Bay Jameis. He's not even the same person he was there, much less the same player.
In Tampa its not as if be was like Siemien whenbit comes to QB play. He was still a very prolific passer.

That final season in 19 was heavily on Arians. Tampa lacked a ran game or refused to use it. Opposing defenses could sit back and just wait on passes. When that happens as Many times and how deep Arians called for the ball to be thrown alot of interceptions are going to occur.

Heck i think at one point in Bradys first season in Tampa he was on pace for 20 plus interceptions.

Okay I'll play.

I don't think Walker will win because until the Seahawks can consistently hurt you throwing, they will be up against stop-run-first defenses.

I don't think London will win because it's Atlanta and all their other weapons are gone.

I don't think Pickett will win because the Steelers will be lucky to have a college playbook down on offense. Pickett's job will be to not lose. That doesn't say ROY to me.

I don't think Olave will win because the press hates the Saints and we don't have a quick-read quick-release quarterback to take advantage of Chris's greatest strength.

If Watson or Burks pick up the playbook quickly, they're in good positions for success.

Defensive ROY is a bigger roll of the dice, but all the defensive ends called are unlikely because of the bigger adjustments having to be made at that position. It's kind of like an offensive lineman winning ROY.

In Tampa its not as if be was like Siemien whenbit comes to QB play. He was still a very prolific passer.

That final season in 19 was heavily on Arians. Tampa lacked a ran game or refused to use it. Opposing defenses could sit back and just wait on passes. When that happens as Many times and how deep Arians called for the ball to be thrown alot of interceptions are going to occur.

Heck i think at one point in Bradys first season in Tampa he was on pace for 20 plus interceptions.
Arians was more than willing to throw Jameis under the bus and then privately tell media types that Jameis was playing exactly the way Arians wanted him to. Not to mention that according to film analysis and Jameis's own receivers, 12 or 13 of the INTs were on them and not him.

Can I also bring up how Adam Humphries has done practically nothing in the NFL since Jameis got him paid?

Arians was more than willing to throw Jameis under the bus and then privately tell media types that Jameis was playing exactly the way Arians wanted him to. Not to mention that according to film analysis and Jameis's own receivers, 12 or 13 of the INTs were on them and not him.

Can I also bring up how Adam Humphries has done practically nothing in the NFL since Jameis got him paid?
He also got Breshard Perriman paid. Other than his recent stint with Brady he has done nothing

Okay I'll play.

I don't think Walker will win because until the Seahawks can consistently hurt you throwing, they will be up against stop-run-first defenses.

I don't think London will win because it's Atlanta and all their other weapons are gone.

I don't think Pickett will win because the Steelers will be lucky to have a college playbook down on offense. Pickett's job will be to not lose. That doesn't say ROY to me.

I don't think Olave will win because the press hates the Saints and we don't have a quick-read quick-release quarterback to take advantage of Chris's greatest strength.

If Watson or Burks pick up the playbook quickly, they're in good positions for success.

Defensive ROY is a bigger roll of the dice, but all the defensive ends called are unlikely because of the bigger adjustments having to be made at that position. It's kind of like an offensive lineman winning ROY.
Good analysis!

But TBH, I don’t care if Olave wins OROY. All I care about is for him to play well, make us better in da passing game, n help us WIN!

Anything after dat is “lagniappe”!

😉 😂 😉

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom