The Evil Within (1 Viewer)

HennessyRob

NOLA Raised
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5Pjgkk5OT2M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bethesda is joining forces with the Creator of the Resident Evil series to make a TRUE SURVIVAL HORROR game.

The Story:

When Detective Sebastian and his partner rush to the scene of a gruesome mass murder, a mysterious, powerful force is lying in wait for them. Witnessing the killing of fellow police officers one after another, Sebastian is then attacked and loses consciousness. Waking up in a land where monsters are wandering about, Sebastian has to fight his way through a world of death and its close friend madness in order to understand what’s going on. Sebastian has to face his fears in order to survive on a journey to discover what lies in the shadows of that mysterious force.

----

Key Features

A Return to Pure Survival Horror: From the father of the survival horror genre, Shinji Mikami. He appears once again as the director of this game, one which makes your blood run cold, but heats you right back up. Players must survive on limited resources, experiencing that supreme match of action and horror, that indescribable terror. To survive in an afflicted world, your anxiety and nerves will be pushed to the edge.

Brutal Traps and Enemies with Puzzles: While struggling to survive, you’ll have to face indescribable terror, cruel traps, and sly mechanisms. Players can die in a trap all too easily, however, at times they can turn them against enemies.

In an Unstable World, Not All Horrors are in Plain Sight: The player is driven into a corner as the world distorts and warps according to mysterious and evil horrors. The scenery: hallways, walls, doors, rooms, buildings, and even nature, all transforming in real time based on the player’s actions. And the threats keep coming from all directions.

A Supernova of Horror: By setting one foot in this world weaved from lush backdrops, characters with personality, and a polished story, players will be sucked in, willing or unwilling, tension and anxiety rapidly mounting. When that fear is smashed and conquered, you can experience the bliss that can only be found in The Evil Within.

i'm tired of the zombie/monster genres, but this looks promising (and not just because i'm a bethesda fan).

I am not into horror. I don't do haunted houses (the ones that really try to freak you out), horror games or movies. I guess those that do feed off the thrill, but most of that stuff just disturbs me. I love the idea of a survival game. Give me gangs of crazies and I'm good. Give me some blood manifested creature with flashing lights and creepy music and I'm having nightmares.

Last edited:
That trailer reminds me of the "Thir13en Ghosts" remake with Tony Shalhoub.

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/22/making-the-evil-within-survival-horror-returns" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I dunno, the video looks cheesy as if they just threw a bunch of random "scary" stuff for shock value. And I guess Shinji Mikami can be called the father of the horror genre. I suppose one or two great games in a whole resume of horrible horror games gets you that title. From the description of the game it sounds like an updated version of Amnesia: Dark Descent. I do love me some Bethesda games though and will be interested to see more just based on that alone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom