The Evolution of Bush's Role... (1 Viewer)

The season certainly is not turning out as most predicted. Many thought we would be lucky to win 3 or 4 games. Many thought (myself included) that Bush was going to be a human highlight reel and that Marques Colston was just another wasted late round pick. We also thought that a handful of castoff linebackers would not produce. And how wrong we were. Half-way through the season, we find ourselves at 6-2 and in first place of our division.

I still don't understand what Reggie Bush means to this team. He has played a part in the turnaround, but perhaps has not had as much of an impact as I would have thought. I think that is partly due to his learning curve, the ineffective run blocking by the Saints and how he is being used. As others have stated earlier, he is being asked to be a running back more and more...which may not be his true strength. He has been used less as a receiver. And for the life of me, with all of his speed and matchup problems that he presents, not one deep pass has been thrown to him. The Sean Payton philosophy on offense appears to be spread the ball around and keep them guessing and it has been highly effective.

As for Reggie, I want one breakout game for him to silence all of the doubters who question can he do it in the NFL. Then he can resume his role on the team as the Saints march to the playoffs.

As for Reggie, I want one breakout game for him to silence all of the doubters who question can he do it in the NFL. Then he can resume his role on the team as the Saints march to the playoffs.

Not the Michael Vick Corollary! Please, ANYTHING but that!

Does anyone honestly think we would be 6-2 without Reggie on this team? Did you guys not see the punt return that gave the Saints the momentum back. Reggie is a rookie get over it he's gonna have not so good games something. If you guys keep this up your are gonna drive yourselves nuts and Reggie out of town. The coach dosen' t have a problem with Reggie, why do you? Some of you guys sound like this Houston fan I work with.

Does anyone honestly think we would be 6-2 without Reggie on this team? Did you guys not see the punt return that gave the Saints the momentum back. Reggie is a rookie get over it he's gonna have not so good games something. If you guys keep this up your are gonna drive yourselves nuts and Reggie out of town. The coach dosen' t have a problem with Reggie, why do you? Some of you guys sound like this Houston fan I work with.

I don't have a problemwith Reggie. He's a good all around weapon to have but not a workhorse back. He still jukes too much and has a lot to learn.

As a slot receiver or catching out of the backfield he is reacy to go. I'm waiting for them to get him deep on a linebacker at some point.

He's a Rookie and we can afford to be patient. But he needs to spend a little time with Warrick Dunn and gets some pointers on running the ball in the NFL as a smaller back.

I don't have a problemwith Reggie. He's a good all around weapon to have but not a workhorse back. He still jukes too much and has a lot to learn.

As a slot receiver or catching out of the backfield he is reacy to go. I'm waiting for them to get him deep on a linebacker at some point.

He's a Rookie and we can afford to be patient. But he needs to spend a little time with Warrick Dunn and gets some pointers on running the ball in the NFL as a smaller back.

something you mention warrick dunn, it just occurred to me.
look at all his years before he went to atlanta and became the "featured" back. that's right, noone would think twice about him being much of a threat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom