The excitement of Kamara/Murray tandem moving forward (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
We were all concerned about over usage of Kamara and now that he's injured maybe our fears were somewhat realized.

But now we have definitely seen that Murray should shoulder about the same about of the load as Ingram had in the last couple of years.

So today was meaningful beyond just the win.

There were some saying that Murray was a bust because he wasn't playing a lot, Sean said it he just needed to get him involved. Turns out that was the case.
Kamara getting hurt forced Sean to get him involved and he’s delivering.

Like Brees getting hurt, Kamara getting nicked up is almost a blessing in disguise. It has forced Payton to open up the play book & go to guys that we really needed to contribute, but may have not gotten that confidence without these opportunities. Winning like this will make this team more galvanized & Unstoppable from here on out. I can say with all confidence now, what I felt & suspected, but had to see to be able to testify. This is the best team the new Orleans Saints have ever had. And now they're becoming the greatest.

There were some saying that Murray was a bust because he wasn't playing a lot, Sean said it he just needed to get him involved. Turns out that was the case.
Kamara getting hurt forced Sean to get him involved and he’s delivering.
We will look back on the Kamara injury as a blessing in disguise in about the early part of February.

I really hope we start using Kamara/Murray just as we used Kamara/Ingram. No reason to use Kamara heavily in the run game with Murray in the fold. Let Kamara stay relatively fresh until the playoffs start.

We were all concerned about over usage of Kamara and now that he's injured maybe our fears were somewhat realized.

But now we have definitely seen that Murray should shoulder about the same about of the load as Ingram had in the last couple of years.

So today was meaningful beyond just the win.
He runs like an Adrian Peterson Light. That is what I was hoping for.

I really hope we start using Kamara/Murray just as we used Kamara/Ingram. No reason to use Kamara heavily in the run game with Murray in the fold. Let Kamara stay relatively fresh until the playoffs start.
I was thinking this myself.

We had a two-headed monster last year with Kamara/Ingram. One head got cut off - but I think the monster is a hydra, cuz another one (Murray) grew in its place!

Murray performed admirably today! When Dalvin Cook missed a bunch of games last season he did the same when he was covering for him as well.

I hope we use Murray/Kamara just as we used Ingram/Kamara in 2017. Last year Ingram didn’t get many touches either outside of a few games. In 2017 the usage was balanced every week and they fed off each other beautifully.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom