The Expanse (1 Viewer)

Alan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Anyone else watching this new series on Syfy?

I thought the first episode was a bit dull (character intros etc) but I usually wait until episode 4 or so before I write off a new series. Episode 2 warmed up but episode 3 and 4 was like wow, you now have my full attention!

Any Syfy buffs out there would do well to watch this new series.

It's piqued my interest as well. Saw all 4 episodes when they released them. Pretty gnarly what went down w/ dude from Road Trip.

He was the brother in the doctor series "Royal Pains". I must say it had to be painless way to go.

Read good things and saw it got picked up for S2. Binged the first 4 eps on Sun and came away pretty impressed. The universe they are working with felt too big at first but it all makes sense now--except maybe who the 4th party is that wants war?

Read good things and saw it got picked up for S2. Binged the first 4 eps on Sun and came away pretty impressed. The universe they are working with felt too big at first but it all makes sense now--except maybe who the 4th party is that wants war?

I got the 4 parties but they are giving an impression/hint that there is an alien component. I really want to go read the books but I know they would do the same as Game of Thrones and eventually deviate from the story.

The factions so far are:

Earth
Mars
Ceres
Mormon Church and/or the builder of the ship

I've watched the first 3 episodes, but it hasn't grabbed my attention yet. So far I haven't been able to get invested in any of the characters and that's usually a deal breaker for me. Do you think its worth me going further or is this simply not the right show for me?

I've watched the first 3 episodes, but it hasn't grabbed my attention yet. So far I haven't been able to get invested in any of the characters and that's usually a deal breaker for me. Do you think its worth me going further or is this simply not the right show for me?

Some series are a slow boil to get started.
Arrow was like that "for me" but in the end I am glad I continued to watch.

Some writers don't seem to have the ability to introduce characters on the fly and instead need to slow boil the background to achieve a story.

Myself, I will give it a season since I am a sci-fi junkie.

Last weeks ep was kind of a snooze fest. Hopefully they pick it up this week. I guess it was interesting to get the back-ground story on Tyreese the butcher but I am tired of watching Thomas Jane's character make no headway.

Big bounce back this week imo. Starting to actually care about the main characters. 4 eps left.

It's like.....I like it....I want to love it....it's just....not....great. But is entertaining. I just don't like how vague every conversation is. When done right it creates a great show but they just don't seem to do it right. Hard to explain but it is a good show. Just frustrating how close it is to being great but doesn't deliver.

Episode 8 has crew and Josephus coming together as things heat up. Jenifer is toast from some some kind of exposure. Mutation from an experiment maybe? Things are getting good then I realize there is only 2 episodes to go for the season.

Then I read that season 2 (13 episodes) will premiere sometime early 2017?? Thanks for 2.5 months of a show only to get ******* into waiting more than a year before the next season. I think I will start boycotting series with 10 episodes in a season.

Drops mic...no wait...throws mic to the ground and stomps on it with both feet.

On ep 4
I really like the "real" treatment of both the space and tech stuff
I like that it seems an intentional mashup of BSG and Blade Runner
However most of the actors just aren't doing it for me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom