The Expanse (4 Viewers)

Wow- caught this week's ep last night. Incredible build up and payoff! Can't wait for the 2 hour finale next week. Might be my favorite new show of the year? SyFy has really upped their game.

I do like how they portray these space stations and ships, dark and gloomy, unlike Star Trek where people live their whole lives in space and have no complications from it.

Agreed.

They portrayed miners that spend the majority of time in zero gravity rather well.

clarifying - top to bottom just poor acting - and in general that usually means bad directing
i'm going to guess they're using people with strong visual background - but they just cannot get any of actors to sell their moments (and there are some good actors, so it's probably not them)
writing actually seems pretty decent

still enjoying it though

yea, I've always liked Thomas Jane, especially in Hung, but he doesn't seem to be selling his part well. I feel like he's too busy flinging his hair back too many times, seems odd..

yea, I've always liked Thomas Jane, especially in Hung, but he doesn't seem to be selling his part well. I feel like he's too busy flinging his hair back too many times, seems odd..

Yeah, that haircut has got to go.

the 2 leads seem to be settling in a bit
gung ho guy is playing 1 note, but doing it effectively
Tyreese/Cutty is ^similar
the only real bright spot acting-wise is the spy/stowaway - he's the only one really creating a character

which is even more puzzling b/c the writers seem very specific about finding "in real life" details in a genre show - and are doing a great job with it

IDK, I'm still trying to figure out Amos and Naomi. They are being vague with both of their pasts but but the actions of each portray deeply involved situations. Yeah, he's playing gung ho, but there's something we don't know about him yet.

Chrisjen is playing a very shrewd politician as well. I think there's good room in there for her character.

And so much for the spy...maybe.

Was a pretty awesome final 2 eps for S1. Characters I actually care about and and overlying story that is coming together. Naomi is really interesting--now we know she is likely a highly placed OPA member (?)

Naomi the daughter of the butcher maybe? :scratch:

Those last two episodes did rock. Now we get to wait for a year and when it starts back up we can be all like "Hey guys, anyone remember this show?"

Season 2 has really taken off and become quite good... it is really good tv...

It is a great show. I think I just like the fact that spaceships are in space doing cool stuff and sci-fi. Love me some sci-fi.

All you book readers make a new thread dammit. Haha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom