The Expanse (2 Viewers)

Wait, episodes 4 and 5 were released? Just finished 4 and they really did a fantastic job.

I don't think it has been mentioned in this thread, but the actor who portrays Alex will not be back next season because of a substantial amount of harassment allegations.
I’m not sure that’s exactly accurate
what I heard was that the character Alex is not in the book that next season is based on - after that the show has to figure out what to do with that actor/character
(supposedly he’d been hooking up with fans he met at Cons - several of whom were underage)

I've read all the books, I don't remember Alex not being in any of them. The show writers haven't followed the books exactly so who knows.

I've read all the books, I don't remember Alex not being in any of them. The show writers haven't followed the books exactly so who knows.
That’s what I had heard from a podcast
They hardly ever do much behind the scenes stuff and usually stick to just commenting on the shows they do
It’s one of the reasons I paid attention bc they hardly ever talk about that stuff
(One of them is a hardcore book reader and he was the one talking about the character missing)
That’s about all I ‘know’ about it (except for the bit of googling I did right after)

The bit of reading says next is the last season anyway- and he’s gone for that season
Maybe the pod was speculating about potential mini-series or movies
(I’m confused about what I heard now)

The bit of reading says next is the last season anyway- and he’s gone for that season
Maybe the pod was speculating about potential mini-series or movies
(I’m confused about what I heard now)
while i don't think the production lines up with the timeline of accusations, i found it very interesting that Bull took over the pilot's chair

I can't believe there are only 3 episodes left. It has been confirmed that season 6 will be the last. If so, then they are going to have to cut out A LOT of material from the books. Practically cut out entire books.

Fine by me. I agree there probably aren't people checking this thread that haven't already seen the show.

Got super busy yall. My bad. Okay, so my big question from last night, is Naomi alive?! Like, was her intention to kill herself? But then she stuck the thing in her leg so I perhaps not. Last night's ending thru me off. Also, I guess I'm not following Marco's plan. Was he going to use Naomi's ship as a decoy of some sort to lure the Roci into his fleet and destroy it? Am I missing something?

Yes. The injection was hyper-oxygenated blood (or plasma or whatever) that kept her alive a few crucial seconds. The ship was her ship so the plan is to lure the Roci in to save Naomi. They made a point to mention that the controls on Naomi's ship had been disabled and they were controlling it remotely.

Okay, that's the part I missed. Makes a ton of sense now.
But Cyn is almost certainly done
Remember Marco doesn’t know that Holden knows about the Martian warships (so Marco thinks it would be easy to bait Holden)
Also they’ve don’t enough crumb dropping about Naomi’s virus taking down a ship...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom