The Expanse (2 Viewers)

I saw mention of certain things that makes me think that because this is the last season, they are going to combine aspects of all the last books into this one.
I haven’t heard that
I think there’s a significant time jump in between books 6 & 7, so this is a natural break
…I think

The first season is ... weird. I watched the first episode, and then didn't watch for like a year Then one night when I coudln't find anything else I thought I'd give it another try. Glad I did. I did like the Miller character from the first two(?) seasons.
Although i am still a couple seasons behind, it feels like the 1st 2 seasons was a completly different show.

That's what i thought. Though saw something in the previoulsy on at the start of season 6 that suggests that things in book 7 could be implicated.
Pretty sure they’re pulling material from a novella about Laconia for cold opens, but with only 4 episodes left; I just can’t see how they can do much else but tell this story- maybe the can have a 5 min post cred scene at the end??

Second episode was a DOOOZY

I've resigned myself to accept that the most recent book just won't be in the series at all. The whole Marcos Inaros plot is only a prelude to the big bad to come, and there's just no way they could show that in a few episodes.

OK, so halfway into the second season and recommendations of the show are appreciated. Would y'all recommend the books? Or would time be better invested in the Dune books? Thanks...

OK, so halfway into the second season and recommendations of the show are appreciated. Would y'all recommend the books? Or would time be better invested in the Dune books? Thanks...
Not just yes but HAIL YES. One of my favorite book series of all time. And plenty more content that was cut from the TV series to make the read still like a new thing.

Dune is good, but Expanse is better. Expanse shows what it would actually be like living off Earth. How the struggles are not just with politics but with actual physics, and what it would take to survive - the daily struggle of acquiring enough food/water/oxygen to live off of.

By contrast, Dune is more about politics and religion/philosophy. Space travel is explained as "don't worry about it, it's sort of like magic". The Expanse explains how to build an engine for space travel, Dune says worm loving space fairies just zap you where you need to go (if they feel like it).

Not just yes but HAIL YES. One of my favorite book series of all time. And plenty more content that was cut from the TV series to make the read still like a new thing.

Dune is good, but Expanse is better. Expanse shows what it would actually be like living off Earth. How the struggles are not just with politics but with actual physics, and what it would take to survive - the daily struggle of acquiring enough food/water/oxygen to live off of.

By contrast, Dune is more about politics and religion/philosophy. Space travel is explained as "don't worry about it, it's sort of like magic". The Expanse explains how to build an engine for space travel, Dune says worm loving space fairies just zap you where you need to go (if they feel like it).
I loved the subplot of Naomi struggling with gravity

It’s a lie
I was only able to do this for first episode
Reddit is full of complaints about not being able to access these on Prime

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom