The Falcons hold the pivotal pick (1 Viewer)

True on both fronts regarding Dorsey.

Matt Ryan was an interception throwing machine in the AC-friggin C... I hope they take him. But Mike Smith is the same coach that coordinated a defense that included John Henderson and Marcus Stroud in the middle of the dline... and he understands the importance of great DT play. Dorsey will be the pick if he's not #1 or #2.

Several reports say that Matt ryan's interception was due to several things
1-no top rated WR.
2-poor running ame
3-weak O-line
4-Trying to make plays.
Several commentators, including Jimmy Johnson have said that Ryan can overcome these problems with better coaching and playmakers around him. With the Falcons getting Michael Turner, part of the problem is solved.

I thing the Dirty Birds take ryan.

I think Atlanta needs a QB. I can't possibly see them going into the season with Harrington, Shockley, and Redman at the helm. I also don't see them landing Flacco in round 2. Someone is going to reach for him in the mid to late round 1. Don't be surprised if Chicago nabs him.

They'll take Ryan.....the team is in rebuild mode and they have nothing at QB.

It all depends on how the Falcons grade the QBs. If the Falcons have Ryan rated as a top 5 pick, I think they will go with him at #3. However, if they have a group of QBs (Flacco, Henne, Johnson, etc.) rated as high second round picks, then I think they go in another direction in round one and hope to get their guy in the second round. Right now, I have Chris Long and Vernon Gholston going 1-2, so I agree that the Falcons' pick will hold the key to the Saints' chances of getting one of the DTs.

If the falcons are smart enough, they will have a chance to fill their 3 key needs.

With the 3rd. pick they should take either the best offensive tackle or defensive tackle available. If for some strange reason Chris Long and Vernon Gholston go 1 and 2, then the falcons should go with Jake Long, no quaterback (rookie or veteran) will survive the season without an improvement in the position, and Mike Turner also will not be as reliable as they think they can be without an offensive line.

If they can't get Jake Long, they should go for Dorsey to be the anchor for their defense at the future.

If at the end they trade DeAngelo they should use their last second rounder to try to trade up, mostly will think to get either Brohm or Flacco, but I would be thinking to trade up and grab either Chris Williams or Branden Albert.

I really think there is no big difference between the quaterbacks, even Chad Henne compares well to Flacco and Brohm. They can get more value waiting and taking a quaterback in the second round.

Finally, they can use their last first day pick to get a corner, but if they take offensive tackle, defensive tackle and quaterback, they can be cruising with an extraordinary draft for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom