The Fillmore! NOLA’s newest music venue! (1 Viewer)

ktulu909

Not Band
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Im thrilled to get a venue with a capacity like this. Bands that I love normally pass the the HOB which is a miserable experience to me. Generally bands like Chevelle and Sevendust really over sell at the House of Blues,but arent really a lakefront arena type band. This venue provides something in the middle and should make the experience better for the fans.

Brad Mojo

Formerly Ellis Hugh
Reaction score
Capacities of local venues:

Joy Theater - 1200
Civic - 1200
Orpheum - 1500
Mahalia Jackson - 1921
Fillmore - 2000
Saenger - 2600

I guess the segment that was being underserved was the overpriced segment.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Capacities of local venues:

Joy Theater - 1200
Civic - 1200
Orpheum - 1500
Mahalia Jackson - 1921
Fillmore - 2000
Saenger - 2600

I guess the segment that was being underserved was the overpriced segment.
All of those venues are really good (haven't been to Fillmore, but I have tix to Garbage and Bob Weir (not together) in May). I wish they used the Orpheum more often.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All of those venues are really good (haven't been to Fillmore, but I have tix to Garbage and Bob Weir (not together) in May). I wish they used the Orpheum more often.
you only happy when it rains?

Brad Mojo

Formerly Ellis Hugh
Reaction score
Yes the Orpheum is great. The LPO used it after Katrina before Mahalia Jackson reopened. I also miss the State Palace Theater. I remember being on the balcony there for a 311 day and you could feel the floor beneath your feet bouncing up and down. Good times.

Moon

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Bump with a question--

Looking at StubHub, they have tickets that say GA5, GA6, GA7, etc., then some that just say GENADM. Is there a difference? I thought General Admission was just on the floor, first come, first serve. Want to avoid being shuffled off to some far corner if possible, want a view that kills

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Bump with a question--

Looking at StubHub, they have tickets that say GA5, GA6, GA7, etc., then some that just say GENADM. Is there a difference? I thought General Admission was just on the floor, first come, first serve. Want to avoid being shuffled off to some far corner if possible, want a view that kills
There are rows of seats in the back of the hall that are usually reserved, and the rest is open floor GA. There are also some seats/VIP areas on the sides, but I don't know what the deal is with those.

If they don't have specific seats indicated, I would suspect that it's all the same GA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom