The Fillmore! NOLA’s newest music venue! (1 Viewer)

if they still have the reflex
giphy.gif

Im thrilled to get a venue with a capacity like this. Bands that I love normally pass the the HOB which is a miserable experience to me. Generally bands like Chevelle and Sevendust really over sell at the House of Blues,but arent really a lakefront arena type band. This venue provides something in the middle and should make the experience better for the fans.

Capacities of local venues:

Joy Theater - 1200
Civic - 1200
Orpheum - 1500
Mahalia Jackson - 1921
Fillmore - 2000
Saenger - 2600

I guess the segment that was being underserved was the overpriced segment.

Joy Theater - 1200
Civic - 1200
Orpheum - 1500
Mahalia Jackson - 1921
Fillmore - 2000
Saenger - 2600

I’m not sure anything in NO underserves the overpriced segment

Joy Theater - 1200
Civic - 1200
Orpheum - 1500
Mahalia Jackson - 1921
Fillmore - 2000
Saenger - 2600

All of those venues are really good (haven't been to Fillmore, but I have tix to Garbage and Bob Weir (not together) in May). I wish they used the Orpheum more often.

All of those venues are really good (haven't been to Fillmore, but I have tix to Garbage and Bob Weir (not together) in May). I wish they used the Orpheum more often.

you only happy when it rains?

Yes the Orpheum is great. The LPO used it after Katrina before Mahalia Jackson reopened. I also miss the State Palace Theater. I remember being on the balcony there for a 311 day and you could feel the floor beneath your feet bouncing up and down. Good times.

Bump with a question--

Looking at StubHub, they have tickets that say GA5, GA6, GA7, etc., then some that just say GENADM. Is there a difference? I thought General Admission was just on the floor, first come, first serve. Want to avoid being shuffled off to some far corner if possible, want a view that kills

Bump with a question--

Looking at StubHub, they have tickets that say GA5, GA6, GA7, etc., then some that just say GENADM. Is there a difference? I thought General Admission was just on the floor, first come, first serve. Want to avoid being shuffled off to some far corner if possible, want a view that kills

There are rows of seats in the back of the hall that are usually reserved, and the rest is open floor GA. There are also some seats/VIP areas on the sides, but I don't know what the deal is with those.

If they don't have specific seats indicated, I would suspect that it's all the same GA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom