The First half is the peaking 2010 New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

9. Jimmy Graham is a future superstar. Watching him on the field, you could see how much of a mismatch he is for the secondary. He is to fast for a linebacker and to big for a DB to cover. With more practice, he makes those catches and is going to make big plays. This is only his second year playing football!!!!!!

Coming into today's game, Dallas was

437-319-6 all time. That is 0.577.

and

27-14-1 on Thanksgiving. That is 0.655.

The difference between those winning percentages is the equivalent of the difference between 9.2 wins versus 10.6 wins over a 16-game season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dallas_Cowboys_seasons
http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/634931

One of the reasons why there have been recent proposals to rotate the day games on Thanksgiving is the perception that a 3-day week gives the home team (Dallas and Detroit) too much of an advantage because of the travel day for the visitor. Ironically, the Saints might have it easier than most teams, because it is such a short flight.

It's tough to do this comparison with Detroit, because their wins are too few to be statistically significant.

One problem: you're comparing the Cowboys all time home and away win percentage to their all time win percentage on Thanksgiving, which is always played in Dallas.

I'm not arguing your point, but I just thought that was worth pointing out.

One problem: you're comparing the Cowboys all time home and away win percentage to their all time win percentage on Thanksgiving, which is always played in Dallas.

Good catch. It's still a good point though. The Cowboys have a serious advantage every year having a guaranteed home game on a short week and then the long week afterwards which is essentially a 2nd bye week.

Of course, so have the Lions, but..............

The cowgirls lack what counts the most, heart!

I hate Dallas as much as anyone, but I can't agree with this, at least not last night. Four weeks ago, under the same circumstances, yeah, they would've rolled over after 17-0 and we would've won going away. That team last night definitely fought back, even though they needed some breaks (Reggie's fumble, their not losing fumbles) to get back in it.

Actually, I think that is exactly the point that he was trying to make .... that the Cowboys have a better record, at home, on Thanksgiving day than they do overall throughout their history ... which statisctically gives them an edge when playing on Thanksgiving with a short week .....

I don't think it matters about past cowboys teams... Say what you want but they have played way better without wade Phillips... I honestly thought with Garrett it would be the same team as the 1-7.... Guess I was wrong...

Great post...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom