The First half is the peaking 2010 New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

CAVALIER

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I haven't started many post game threads but after 3 hours sleep and a new morning in the emerald city, I decided that some things needed to be said:

1. The team who played on the field in the first half of the game is this team putting it together in all phases as we have waited for.

2. Devrey Henderson is coming on at the right time

3. Ivory could be special if he didn't come off the field wincing once or twice a game

4. Reggie Bush is an enigma. He could very well score three times in a game or fumble and drop passes and break your heart.

5. Julius Jones has been a solid contributer to this team

6. Alex Brown had a great game

7. In the second half we witnessed a team that had a short week that fought through it and still found a way to win

8. The Malcom Jenkins fumble recovery is the Meachem play of the 2010 year....

hate to say it but i think after the 17-0 start the short week caught up to them and they got tired fast - luckily they picked it back up when they needed to
no more short weeks!
i think we're over the crest and are about to start making a serious run

How come the cowboys weren't tired in the 2nd half after their short week?

hate to say it but i think after the 17-0 start the short week caught up to them and they got tired fast - luckily they picked it back up when they needed to
no more short weeks!
i think we're over the crest and are about to start making a serious run

I thought they ran out of gas after the first half also. Not only it was a short week, they also had to travel

At one point they showed Dallas had a significant advantage in time of possession. I'm not sure what the final numbers were, but Kitna put together several long drives even in the first half. I'm sure our boys on D were pretty exhausted in the 2nd half.

One factor is the fact that they were not parked on an airplane and going through the stress and hassle of traveling for several hours on one of those precious off days.

Coming into today's game, Dallas was

437-319-6 all time. That is 0.577.

and

27-14-1 on Thanksgiving. That is 0.655.

The difference between those winning percentages is the equivalent of the difference between 9.2 wins versus 10.6 wins over a 16-game season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dallas_Cowboys_seasons
http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/634931

One of the reasons why there have been recent proposals to rotate the day games on Thanksgiving is the perception that a 3-day week gives the home team (Dallas and Detroit) too much of an advantage because of the travel day for the visitor. Ironically, the Saints might have it easier than most teams, because it is such a short flight.

It's tough to do this comparison with Detroit, because their wins are too few to be statistically significant.

The whole Malcolm Jenkins play is a textbook example of why it's hard to kill my hopes for this team. I might bite my fingernails to their nubs, or I might need an EKG when the clock reaches 00:00, but when one player or unit lets us down, there's always good reason to hope that someone else will step-up and save the day. One day it's Ivory, another day it's Brees, another day it's Porter, yesterday it was Jenkins, and so on..

I so love love love this team!

My thing is, they found ways to win last year too....someof us think they should be killing everyone...I'm guilty too...buit they didn't do that last year..they found a way to win ....

I told my cousin mid-way through the 2nd quarter that this game reminded me of Tampa Bay at home last year. We were completely dominating the 1st half - to the point it looked like we relaxed.

I am proud of the way this team battled to the end. MJ strip shows the culture change the SP and GW have brought about in New Orleans. There is no quit and now we find a way to win these games instead of loosing.

I haven't started many post game threads but after 3 hours sleep and a new morning in the emerald city, I decided that some things needed to be said:

1. The team who played on the field in the first half of the game is this team putting it together in all phases as we have waited for.
I agree 100%
2. Devrey Henderson is coming on at the right time
Amen to that
3. Ivory could be special if he didn't come off the field wincing once or twice a game
Anybody who runs as hard as Ivory is gonna get banged up.
4. Reggie Bush is an enigma. He could very well score three times in a game or fumble and drop passes and break your heart.
Reggie was playing very well 10 weeks ago, he was def rusty.
5. Julius Jones has been a solid contributer to this team
I agree 100%
6. Alex Brown had a great game
100%
7. In the second half we witnessed a team that had a short week that fought through it and still found a way to win
Both teams were working on a short week, but we had to travel.
8. The Malcom Jenkins fumble recovery is the Meachem play of the 2010 year....
10000%

Good Post
MB

The whole Malcolm Jenkins play is a textbook example of why it's hard to kill my hopes for this team. I might bite my fingernails to their nubs, or I might need an EKG when the clock reaches 00:00, but when one player or unit lets us down, there's always good reason to hope that someone else will step-up and save the day. One day it's Ivory, another day it's Brees, another day it's Porter, yesterday it was Jenkins, and so on..

I so love love love this team!

Well said,
What I saw yesterday was one team with tremendous talent, who nearly put it together until the other team, with the will and focus of a champion, dug down deep and took it away.

The cowgirls lack what counts the most, heart!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom