The future of the Saints (1 Viewer)

fastfreddy246

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know this would never happen but the promblem with the saints is weak ownership. If anybody believes Mr. Tom is fully in control of the Saints it's just not so. Trust me I love Mr Tom and respect everything he's done for the Saints and city of New Orleans. I would like it if he sold 51% ownership to the Manning's. Peyton would bring us back as a top ownership in the eyes with the other owners.We would even get a better shot of hosting another Super Bowl. Mickey and Sean have no one holding them accountable for these poor decisions they're made.

Peyton Manning doesn't give a crap about the Saints.

Nor does he have near enough money to buy 51% of the team.

Tom Benson does have full control of the team. He has all voting g stock of the saints. NFL rules require 1 person to have that control. Just remember the big issues the Titan are having with the league because the owner didn't decide which of his hikers would have controling ownership.

While I agree that Tom isn't exactly all there, I doubt he would sell to the Mannings nor do I think they would be interested. Do they even have the cash flow to begin with?

there is much wrong with the original idea of this thread.

Like poo as a topping for ice cream.

I know this would never happen but the promblem with the saints is weak ownership. If anybody believes Mr. Tom is fully in control of the Saints it's just not so. Trust me I love Mr Tom and respect everything he's done for the Saints and city of New Orleans. I would like it if he sold 51% ownership to the Manning's. Peyton would bring us back as a top ownership in the eyes with the other owners.We would even get a better shot of hosting another Super Bowl. Mickey and Sean have no one holding them accountable for these poor decisions they're made.

It appears that there are some areas that fast Freddy is not so fast.

What kind of magic elixer is Peyton Manning going to bring that will fix what ails the Saints right now? What makes you think that he would even be interested? What makes you think he has the kind of money it would take to buy 51% of ANY NFL team? It takes a billion dollars to make that kind of move..............his wife would kill him!!!:rolleyes:

Peyton Manning has never done anything for New Orleans. He showed up for 15 minutes after Katrina and never looked back. He didn't even list the Saints in his 3 favorite teams.

Don't diss Peyton. He's gonna be the owner/GM/talent scout and all pro guard who will bring the Saints tot he new level. Preach on brother!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The running of the Saints is solid for the time being.

Where it goes after the Tom/Gayle era is unknown, but a similar statement can be made about every team in professional sports.

I notice that there is an air of slight disdain for Peyton Manning. Can someone enlighten me a little? Also, do we as a fan base have a grudge against him? Against the Manning family. I come from a full blood Cajun family spread throughout south Louisiana and all are Saints fans from birth (or from the Saints' birth). The general feeling in my family is:

Love for Archie

Respect for Peyton

General indifference for Eli, but no disrespect or anything.

So what's up?

Whats with all the Peyton hate?

There's no reason to hate Peyton, but I do think it's misguided to think he feels any connection to the Saints just because of Archie and growing up in New Orleans. To my knowledge, he's never indicated any interest in being affiliated with the Saints.

No hate, but neither he nor Eli seems to have a strong connection to the city, at least not compared to other well-known persons who grew up in the city. And both played college football out of state and seem culturally more comfortable in the culture of the Mississippi delta and Tennessee than that of New Orleans and south Louisiana.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom