The future of the Saints (1 Viewer)

I think the money guy in West Virginia (Jim Justice) could be part of the future ownership. No way in hell WV or anywhere close is NFL viable, but the Saints could be the "home team" for the area by continuing the training camp deal there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the money guy in West Virginia (Jim Justice) could be part of the future ownership. No way in hell WV or anywhere close is NFL viable, but the Saints could be the "home team" for the area by continuing the training camp deal there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No hate the thought of WV Jim having any part of owning our team. All I know,since our boys been practicing in West Virginia, we have had losing seasons, just keep us away from WV.:covri:

Quick search reveals:

Saints team valued at around $1.52 bil.

Peyton Manning net worth is approximately $191 mil.

So, unless my math is wrong, you need a little over 4 Peyton Mannings to reach 51% ownership, assuming all 4 were all in.

1. Peyton is gonna do something in the football arena.
2. The real issue is strong ownership.
3. If you think Peyton couldn't pull together investors to come up with $
4. The organization is trolling the wavier wire to put together a O Line only highlights my concern for stronger ownership.

In before the real flames get going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much the intent of the OP, wouldn't you say?

Let's see:
- Benson, Loomis and Payton are incompetent.
- The other Peyton, presumably has an interest and the financial backing to become majority owner.
- In his astute opinion this would fix the woes of this franchise.

I thought a lot of the coolness between Saints fans and the Manning boys stemmed from Archie's own bad feelings towards the Saints' franchise. My understanding is that while Archie appreciated the love and esteem from the New Orleans faithful, he actually came to hate the franchise by the time he was traded to Houston.

From Peyton's and Eli's points of view ... the Saints are the franchise that screwed over their dad. I have also read speculation that had Peyton or Eli ever been drafted by the Saints, Archie would have interfered and blocked the signing much like he did with Eli and the Chargers.

I thought a lot of the coolness between Saints fans and the Manning boys stemmed from Archie's own bad feelings towards the Saints' franchise. My understanding is that while Archie appreciated the love and esteem from the New Orleans faithful, he actually came to hate the franchise by the time he was traded to Houston.

From Peyton's and Eli's points of view ... the Saints are the franchise that screwed over their dad. I have also read speculation that had Peyton or Eli ever been drafted by the Saints, Archie would have interfered and blocked the signing much like he did with Eli and the Chargers.
That's very interesting, I had never heard that angle before.

Pretty much the intent of the OP, wouldn't you say?

Let's see:
- Benson, Loomis and Payton are incompetent.
- The other Peyton, presumably has an interest and the financial backing to become majority owner.
- In his astute opinion this would fix the woes of this franchise.

Sometimes you have to wonder why people say the things they say. Like a child needs any kind of attention wether it be good or bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Peyton is gonna do something in the football arena.
2. The real issue is strong ownership.
3. If you think Peyton couldn't pull together investors to come up with $
4. The organization is trolling the wavier wire to put together a O Line only highlights my concern for stronger ownership.

In what way, shape, or form does an Oline have anything to do with ownership?

Half of the league is having the same issue right now.

The future of the Saints is to learn to win in 2016, and make strong Super Bowl pushes in '17 & '18, as Brees' career winds down. Much like the Broncos did with Elway and Mannning.

They have cut the dead weight and money. They have rebuilt the defense with young, athletic, homegrown talent. They have loaded up the skill positions on offense for the HOF QB to utilize, and they have done it WHILE he can still win a game for you all by himself, even though he won't really have to.

The last step is the Oline, and you have 3 of the 5 pieces in house. I promise, regardless of what happens with Sitton, or for the rest of this year, next year's FA and draft will focus on Oline as the main priorities with pass rusher being the next.

The rest of the team is already in place. They are just young and need to learn how to win.

Teams in the NFL don't gradually improve by a game or two year after year until they are Super Bowl contestants. Large jumps are the norm. Expect to see one from our boys soon, either this year, or at the latest, next.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom