The (future) QB thread (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
I wanted to make this thread in order to get your thoughts on current college QBs that will be going into the draft in the next 3 years. We know Drew says he'll be around for a while longer, but I think in the next 2-3 years we will be drafting (or maybe signing as a free agent) his eventual replacement.

I know next to nothing about Xs and Os of playing QB or football in general. I know some things that I can deduce through having seen it with my own eyes or by reading some of the better analysis here on this site, but nothing you can call expert level stuff.

With all of that said, I'll go ahead and post the first QB. I read an article this morning about this kid and was floored about how humble he is and what great things everyone seems to say about him. Jake Browning is the QB of UW. He's made a huge jump in ability between his freshman year (in which he was the first true freshman to start for UW in the season opener in its history) and his sophomore year. He's 6'2" and 209 lbs right now, which I think he'd add 5-10 lbs by the time he's done at UW, which I think is the perfect height with our offense.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/w...er-and-its-most-reluctant-star-062018093.html

Jake Browning Stats, News, Videos, Pictures, Bio - Washington Huskies - ESPN

Jake Browning | Washington, QB : 2019 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Anyway, please post QBs you think we'd have a serious shot to go after in the next few years and if there are any articles about them, please post them as well. I'd love to learn more about anyone out there.

Pro-Set-Prospect---Mike-Buck.jpg

I would like to see how Shea Patterson does at Ole Miss next year and the year after. I saw him play in high school and he was the real deal. We'll see about the next level.

I like Jake Browning.....but my number #1 would be Josh Dobbs.

I really like having a heady QB.....and he's so mature and is a great leader.

He's an aerospace engineer major.

The knock some say on him is accuracy, but that's not actually true, that's just a talking point from years ago that people still tend to lazily put out there.

Plus he's mobile, and the new wave of QB is strong, smart and mobile.

His accuracy in college is the same as Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson .....right at 60%.

I wouldn't want Archie. The expectations and such would be too much for him. Better he goes to another team and builds his own success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of like Callahan. But if we're to draft a dude, I like Brad Kaaya from the U. He's with a new coach, he seems to be playing injured, his O-line is utterly pathetic, his WR corps is an absolute joke, with them dropping TD passes and lazy route running. Even with the lack of true talent around him and the hate from the media, Kaaya still clearly balls out. He could potentially drop into day 2, maybe even 3. A guy like Payton can totally turn Kaaya into gold.

Little early to talk about this, I just hope LSU finds a QB soon

Jake Browning is my guy. Kid is going to be an absolute stud and would be entering the NFL at the perfect time for us. Can sit behind Brees for a year or 2 and take over. Kid threw 90+ TDs his JR year in high school. That is just absolutely insane. IMO he is hands down the best NFL QB prospect. Our team should be built up very well by the time he enters allowing us to pull of a trade up and lose some picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom