The game against Texans is a absolute must win! (1 Viewer)

I hear ya, but if the Payton/Brees years have taught us anything it's that it is REALLY, REALLY (curse word deleted) hard to win a single Super Bowl, so I'll take it however I get it. So many things have to go your way in a season to just win one (when bemoaning our misfortune last year, I went back over the 09 season in my head and tried to remember all the little things that went our way that if they had gone any other way, we don't win it all - it was a long list).

I appreciate that, and i’m not saying just a SB win with any other record would be completely meaningless, nor that you’re wrong if that gets you over last year, northst I wouldn’t extremely enjoy it and i hope with all hope you get that. But in my mind, and my logic, someone wins the SB every year and no matter how many “regular” SBs we win, we should always have 1 more than we do, But doing something as rare as undefeated and 19-0 thats never been done would make last year’s shafting worth going through.

Same thread every year. “First game win is a must if we’re going to be successful This year!!” Despite last few years we’ve started 0-2 and made a good play off run....so...if anything we need to start off with a loss lmao

Hard to believe that last season, we had the embarrassing Fitzmagic loss at home to start the season. Had the ugly "sit 'em" game against the Panthers to end the regular season. In between those games we went 13-1 which is pretty incredible. But as I watch highlights from last season memories of tight, close games come back to memory:
Cleveland's bad kicker game
The OT game at Atlanta
The second Bucs game when we looked awful until T. Hill blocked a punt in the third quarter
The Raven's sliced field goal by the league's best kicker
The Rams game was a 3 pt game with 3rd and 8 until M. Peters blew the coverage on Michael Thomas
The loss at Dallas that ended the offensive roll we were on
The 3 pt. win at Carolina - didn't take the lead until the 4th quarter, went for 2 and the INT went the other way for Carolina 2 pts. Lewis fumbled into the endzone when trying to seal the win.
The Steeler game was a 3 pt. win. Kirkwood dropped a first down conversion on 2nd and 20. Brees hit Ginn on 3rd and 20 for 25 yards to set up the go ahead TD.

The 6 pt. playoff win against the Eagles was close but we overcame questionable officiating and sealed it with a INT on a ball through Jeffries hands.
The Ram game was a hard-fought, great game until the infamous ending.

We have a good team that is a SB favorite going into the season. But you have to win those tough games that can go either way. My point is that we went 13-1 from games 2 through 15, but there were some good, close, tough wins in there. 2019 schedule will be tough, again.

It will be interesting to see how Lattimore performs vs Nuke Hopkins... who (IMO) is the best WR in the league currently.

Hard to believe that last season, we had the embarrassing Fitzmagic loss at home to start the season. Had the ugly "sit 'em" game against the Panthers to end the regular season. In between those games we went 13-1 which is pretty incredible. But as I watch highlights from last season memories of tight, close games come back to memory:
Cleveland's bad kicker game
The OT game at Atlanta
The second Bucs game when we looked awful until T. Hill blocked a punt in the third quarter
The Raven's sliced field goal by the league's best kicker
The Rams game was a 3 pt game with 3rd and 8 until M. Peters blew the coverage on Michael Thomas
The loss at Dallas that ended the offensive roll we were on
The 3 pt. win at Carolina - didn't take the lead until the 4th quarter, went for 2 and the INT went the other way for Carolina 2 pts. Lewis fumbled into the endzone when trying to seal the win.
The Steeler game was a 3 pt. win. Kirkwood dropped a first down conversion on 2nd and 20. Brees hit Ginn on 3rd and 20 for 25 yards to set up the go ahead TD.

The 6 pt. playoff win against the Eagles was close but we overcame questionable officiating and sealed it with a INT on a ball through Jeffries hands.
The Ram game was a hard-fought, great game until the infamous ending.

We have a good team that is a SB favorite going into the season. But you have to win those tough games that can go either way. My point is that we went 13-1 from games 2 through 15, but there were some good, close, tough wins in there. 2019 schedule will be tough, again.

Good post. I was thinking about this recently myself, and the Saints were a few gimme kicks, timely fumbles (Pitt and Atlanta), and a coin flip (1st Atlanta game) away from being 9-7.

Most games come down to a handful of plays, calls, and no-calls. Successful teams get the breaks.

Crazy that we haven’t won our first game of the season since 2013. That’s 5 straight week 1 losses. We gotta break that trend.

Good post. I was thinking about this recently myself, and the Saints were a few gimme kicks, timely fumbles (Pitt and Atlanta), and a coin flip (1st Atlanta game) away from being 9-7.

Most games come down to a handful of plays, calls, and no-calls. Successful teams get the breaks.
Many times this is true. There have also been teams who straight up dominated a lot of their games (didn’t come down to a handful of plays). We need to be one of those teams. Especially in the playoffs.

Its not a must win game.

Its a TRAP game!!!!!

think about it, just before this game are games that don't matter and just after this game is another game that matters.

Image result for stick onz omg gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom