The Genius Involved In The Colston TD From Brees (1 Viewer)

HA HA .. "do it again, do it again" :9:
TOUCHDOWN !!

Somebody has to have a talk with Colston though.. he caught that ball.. and after holding it for maybe a second, he simply dropped the ball to the ground.. I'm afraid he's going to do that one day, and they call it incomplete :covri:

:gosaints:

I noticed that as well. He plays fast and loose after scoring TDs often getting rid of the ball WAAAY too early for my taste. Sometimes after the ball has BARELY crossed the plane. I would like EVERY player to run to the goal post or the back end corners of the endzone and place the ball done there so that there is NO question of TDs.

I noticed that as well. He plays fast and loose after scoring TDs often getting rid of the ball WAAAY too early for my taste. Sometimes after the ball has BARELY crossed the plane. I would like EVERY player to run to the goal post or the back end corners of the endzone and place the ball done there so that there is NO question of TDs.
You mean you'd like them to touch it down?

Yeah I noticed when Moore caught the TD, Nicks pulled from his LG position and it looked like a definite run.

What a sweet play.

just for equity's sake i'll at least bring up the fact that the Giants CB claimed Colston grabbed him, pulled him forward, and then ran past him to get open... thats not what i saw, but thats what he claimed... Colston just popped him good off the ball which threw him off balance, then the CB regained his balance, jumped forward to play the run, and got beat deep

great sell by Colston made the play

edit: on second viewing on the NFL.com video, he DID grab and pull... didn't get caught though, so its all good

Yeah I noticed when Moore caught the TD, Nicks pulled from his LG position and it looked like a definite run.

What a sweet play.

Which will probably cause Miami and future opponents to pause when it really is a running play. That's Payton's strength as a play designer and caller. Everything he does to create opportunities on a given play sets up new opportunities down the road.

I liked how you could read Osi and Tuck's lips after the play on the sidelines.... they looked dazed.

I liked how you could read Osi and Tuck's lips after the play on the sidelines.... they looked dazed.

Watch the game again look at the Giants' sidelines after the Saints went up 14-0 and you'll notice that the Giants looked bewildered and scared.

I am not kidding, the players looked confused and scared like they knew right then and there that they were outclassed and in serious trouble.

just for equity's sake i'll at least bring up the fact that the Giants CB claimed Colston grabbed him, pulled him forward, and then ran past him to get open... thats not what i saw, but thats what he claimed... Colston just popped him good off the ball which threw him off balance, then the CB regained his balance, jumped forward to play the run, and got beat deep

great sell by Colston made the play

edit: on second viewing on the NFL.com video, he DID grab and pull... didn't get caught though, so its all good

I saw it too. Surprised Ache-man didn't mention it. But, it's the corners job to disengage the WRs hands and get moving. He didn't because he was fooled and looking in the backfield. Sucks for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom