The Georgia/Tennessee Border War (1 Viewer)

Jazzbo

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"“The Tennessee River clearly flows south of the 35th parallel and through Georgia,” Shafer said.

But Tennessee state Rep. Andy Berk said not so fast.

“My first thought was maybe we can settle this over a game of college football, but that would be unfair to the citizens of Georgia,” he said."
:hihi:

Lawmakers Say Part Of Tenn. Belongs To Ga.

Meanwhile the Cherokee are going "Hey, look, if we're revisiting old border agreements..."

Last edited:
With so many people making fun of TN an GA, I find it amusing that also, so many people seem to want to fight over the rights to the land. What gives?

yeah its not so much the land its the fact that it borders a very large supply of water...

Wasn't the 1984 movie Tank about this?

Do only morons live in Georgia? Seriously. This is one of the dumbest things I have seen.

I remember a few years back when we were driving from Atlanta to New Orleans through Tennessee ( took the long way round to visit some old classmates). We were driving along I24 and in within the space of a few miles we entered Georgia, and then went back into TN - you know the signs - Leaving TN thank you for visiting - Entering Georgia Welcome - Leaving Georgia, Thank........ Welcome to TN....... You could almost see the second group of signs from where the first were placed. The kids thought it was very funny. From the map it looks like its almost in the same area as the water dispute

I remember a few years back when we were driving from Atlanta to New Orleans through Tennessee ( took the long way round to visit some old classmates). We were driving along I24 and in within the space of a few miles we entered Georgia, and then went back into TN - you know the signs - Leaving TN thank you for visiting - Entering Georgia Welcome - Leaving Georgia, Thank........ Welcome to TN....... You could almost see the second group of signs from where the first were placed. The kids thought it was very funny. From the map it looks like its almost in the same area as the water dispute

Of course that has nothing to do with the border. its just that the interstate goe southwest most of the way till it dips into Georgia and tehn it goes northwest, back into Tennessee to Chattanooga.

yeah.. calling us who live in Ga moron's.. it takes tennessee to turn the county that makes Jack Daniels a dry one.... you probably call that smart though.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom