The Giants game will remain at 1PM ET, Noon CT (Also, Carolina game note) (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As per Saints VP of Communications - Greg Bensel...

Our Giants game will stay at 1 pm ET, no games that weekend will be moved. With regards to our Carolina game in Week 17, Fox does get one more protection for Week 17 which they MIGHT use on our game against Carolina which would preclude us from moving to NBC at 7:15, but they don't make that decision until after the Xmas Day games... so for now, we still need to be prepared for our 12/31 Carolina game to move to either 3:15 (FOX) or 7:15 (NBC).<O:p</O:p<O:p

Thanks Andrus! Hopefully we will have the division wrapped up prior to New Year's Eve..

Thanks for the info.

It looks like it will stay with FOX, because here are the NFC games scheduled for that day. There is no way FOX will let this one go:

Carolina @ N.O.
Seatlle @ T.B
G.B @ Chicago
Atlanta @ Philly
S.F @ Denver
StL @ Minn
Arizona @ S.D.

Which would you keep if you were FOX?????

Thanks for the info.

It looks like it will stay with FOX, because here are the NFC games scheduled for that day. There is no way FOX will let this one go:

Carolina @ N.O.
Seatlle @ T.B
G.B @ Chicago
Atlanta @ Philly
S.F @ Denver
StL @ Minn
Arizona @ S.D.

Which would you keep if you were FOX?????

They could keep STL @ Minn if they are playing for the last playoff spot and the Saints Panthers are playing for the NFC South and loser gets 5th seed.

As per Saints VP of Communications - Greg Bensel...

Our Giants game will stay at 1 pm ET, no games that weekend will be moved. With regards to our Carolina game in Week 17, Fox does get one more protection for Week 17 which they MIGHT use on our game against Carolina which would preclude us from moving to NBC at 7:15, but they don't make that decision until after the Xmas Day games... so for now, we still need to be prepared for our 12/31 Carolina game to move to either 3:15 (FOX) or 7:15 (NBC).<O:p</O:p<O:p

So is this report on WWLTV.com wrong? http://www.wwltv.com/sports/saints/stories/wwl112706tpprime.2db6e8ae.html

"The Saints game with New York on Christmas Eve has also been moved to a 3 p.m. kickoff, as was an earlier contest with Pittsburgh."

I understand there is no Sunday night game that day, but the networks have been free to switch morning games to afternoon games and vice versa to draw a larger audience before "flex" scheduling came into being this year for the night games. Obviously Greg Bensel is a very good source. I just wonder where wwl is getting their information.

Last edited:
They could keep STL @ Minn if they are playing for the last playoff spot and the Saints Panthers are playing for the NFC South and loser gets 5th seed.

I thought the same thing, but then I asked myself, "which game would you rather watch if you were just an NFL fan?"

So if Fox protects our game, wouldn't it be most likely that they would move it to 3:15 to be the featured nationally broadcast game? Not as cool as being the Sunday night game, but definitely better than being at Noon.

So is this report on WWLTV.com wrong? http://www.wwltv.com/sports/saints/stories/wwl112706tpprime.2db6e8ae.html

"The Saints game with New York on Christmas Eve has also been moved to a 3 p.m. kickoff, as was an earlier contest with Pittsburgh."

I understand there is no Sunday night game that day, but the networks have been free to switch morning games to afternoon games and vice versa to draw a larger audience before "flex" scheduling came into being this year for the night games. Obviously Greg Bensel is a very good source. I just wonder where wwl is getting their information.

What I wrote is a copy and paste of an email response that Greg Bensel sent me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom