The Godfather Epic (1 Viewer)

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
So, am I the only one that loses 5 hours of my life when this thing is on?

For those that don't know, this has been on high rotation on Cinemax. They take Godfather I and II, and show the whole thing in chronological order, with the early Vito flashbacks from part II shown at the beginning, then part I(including some deleted scenes), then the events of part II.

I own the trilogy on DVD, but when this is on I'm done.

one of the most engrossing stories ever

when Vito comes back from his first killing, i love the fact that he touches Michael first - it's always felt to me that he passed "it' on to michael in that moment

yea, I would not say that it happens every time its on but I can definitely get lost in it from time to time. Of course owning I and II makes it easier to pass on it when its just on TV. It is a definite must own to me.

So, am I the only one that loses 5 hours of my life when this thing is on?

For those that don't know, this has been on high rotation on Cinemax. They take Godfather I and II, and show the whole thing in chronological order, with the early Vito flashbacks from part II shown at the beginning, then part I(including some deleted scenes), then the events of part II.

I own the trilogy on DVD, but when this is on I'm done.

Not at all love the Godfather Films. My fear is that someone in LA LA land will try to do a reboot.

And Pacino was young and good looking. Now he looks like a homeless guy with an addiction to Shaefer Light.

one of the most engrossing stories ever

when Vito comes back from his first killing, i love the fact that he touches Michael first - it's always felt to me that he passed "it' on to michael in that moment

There's lot of attention to detail, except when Sonny confronts Carlo for the first time and you can easily tell that right hook doesn't land at all. Worst. Fight. Scene. Ever.

There's lot of attention to detail, except when Sonny confronts Carlo for the first time and you can easily tell that right hook doesn't land at all. Worst. Fight. Scene. Ever.

it was almost a throwback to those film noir fight scenes - man those things look weird

-- my wife's family (her, her mom and sister) are Godfather freaks but it's a complicated story - they lost her dad to a motorcycle accident a few days before Thanksgiving (in '91 maybe) - so instead of celebrating the holiday they kind of fell into a Godfather marathon during that time
then there's the perpetual "who in the family is Michael and who's Fredo" debates - the only ting they're unified about is a blinding hatred of Kay

it was almost a throwback to those film noir fight scenes - man those things look weird

-- my wife's family (her, her mom and sister) are Godfather freaks but it's a complicated story - they lost her dad to a motorcycle accident a few days before Thanksgiving (in '91 maybe) - so instead of celebrating the holiday they kind of fell into a Godfather marathon during that time
then there's the perpetual "who in the family is Michael and who's Fredo" debates - the only ting they're unified about is a blinding hatred of Kay

Good point about the film noir fight scene nod. Never thought of it that way.

Sorry for your wife's family's loss, but I totally agree with them about Kay.

It's funny you say about the Godfather and Thanksgiving. That is a tradition with me and my family. I posted on Facebook that "The turkey and sides are in the oven and just waiting for Sonny to get blown away on the Causeway".

I watched it last week. The order was interesting. I'll bet I've spent 100 hours watching Godfather movies over the years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom