The Good, the Bad, and the 50% divorce rate. (1 Viewer)

Are you happily married?

• I'm divorced.

• I don't want to talk about it thank you very much.

• Yeah, marriage sucks, but it's cheaper than divorce.

• I'm happily married. Lucky me!

• It's not the best, it's not the worst. The Facts of Life.

• Never getting married. Never I say!

• What are my options again?

• I need to be sedated, let me be.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I guess I didn’t give my marriage stats. 27.5 years and we are blissfully happy. We don’t argue, we really don’t even gripe. We laugh non stop, even through bad stuff. We spoil each other rotten and we’ve raised 4 well adjusted happy kids.

We knew each other for 3 weeks before we got married at 21 years old. We broke every single rule (we were flat broke, didn’t know each other from Adam, and did it on a whim) and got unbelievably lucky. Neither of us have a selfish bone in our body and we both had traumatic childhoods and were determined to do better in our lives and with our children. I think that has fueled a lot of our marital success.

Well that plus she’s just freaking awesome. She makes it easy (me not so much).
1660581167315.png

From talking with my circle of friends, I find the results of the poll thus far a bit surprising (with a decent sample size). Most of us are outside of the truly "happily married" crowd. To be honest, I totally should be in that number....because of so many things "going for us", but currently we are not. Interestingly enough, our baby just moved out - off to college. This is uncharted territory. Our kids, in my opinion, are a huge reason we made it this far....over 20 years.

From talking with my circle of friends, I find the results of the poll thus far a bit surprising (with a decent sample size). Most of us are outside of the truly "happily married" crowd. To be honest, I totally should be in that number....because of so many things "going for us", but currently we are not. Interestingly enough, our baby just moved out - off to college. This is uncharted territory. Our kids, in my opinion, are a huge reason we made it this far....over 20 years.
If you still love each other, talk it out or go to marriage counseling -- it won't get better on its own.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom