The Governor ‘s letter to Goodell?? (1 Viewer)

Guido it’s become quite obvious that it’s the WWE and the Saints are ‘heels’.

I’m thankful I’m not who I used to be or I’d have not been able to handle this one.

Hope he looks forward to silence. Goodell won't respond. The silence is deafening.

PLEASE let the ratings for the Super Bowl tank. I already know most of the folks where I work are not watching (who normally would) and they don't even follow the NFL that closely.

I’m thankful I’m not who I used to be or I’d have not been able to handle this one.

Heels are the good guys! At least we know how Brett feels.

Note: This is when the WWE did not care about FCC fines.

Last edited:
I appreciate that he didn’t say silent, but I don’t like how he insinuated that we would indeed get past it — and how he implied that he accepted that nothing is likely to be done to correct the problem at this particular time. He should have pushed for something to be done now, rather than later.

I read it earlier but didn't post because he only wants it fixed for the future, but I want it fixed right now and give us our Super Bowl game back. He was way too soft. If I was Governor, I would have sent the dogs out to Kansas City and dragged him out of his seats to fix the horror show that happened to the Saints!

What's funny is that's the exact feeling I'd been getting during the run up to the last two games. It was all the media talking points being "how can x beat the saints" and "does x have a chance against the saints" It was as if the Saints were done big bad villian.

Heels are the good guys! At least we know how Brett feels.

Note: This is when the WWE did not care about FCC fines.

Heels are the bad guys. The good guys are faces

I appreciate that he didn’t say silent, but I don’t like how he insinuated that we would indeed get past it — and how he implied that he accepted that nothing is likely to be done to correct the problem at this particular time. He should have pushed for something to be done now, rather than later.

Yeah! He can speak for himself on those parts. I appreciate that he did say something, but those snippets made the letter pretty weak overall. I would recite what Sam Elliott said about Custer in the movie "We were Soldiers", as it was the first thing that came to mind reading those parts of Edwards' letter, but I cannot do so due to my own rules. You'll have to watch the movie. It's a good one. :9:

...There will be no response... maybe ever.

As I, and others, have stated in different threads, there is no argument about what happened. The only thing the NFL could say is that they “blew the call” (like the league office told Payton after the game).
However, if the NFL makes a public statement saying that, then it confirms that the wrong team is representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. That hurts ratings, hurts the integrity of the league, and everything else that comes with this fraudulent outcome.

I’m starting to get over it... but by getting over it, I’m accepting that I will no longer follow NFL football or the Saints in any way even resembling how I did prior to this egregious act of collusion.

The Governor's response is weak. He is just whining for no purpose or goal (except pandering to the Louisiana voters).

A real response would be to say "nobody in Louisiana should watch the Super Bowl"... Leadership...

...There will be no response... maybe ever.

As I, and others, have stated in different threads, there is no argument about what happened. The only thing the NFL could say is that they “blew the call” (like the league office told Payton after the game).
However, if the NFL makes a public statement saying that, then it confirms that the wrong team is representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. That hurts ratings, hurts the integrity of the league, and everything else that comes with this fraudulent outcome.

I’m starting to get over it... but by getting over it, I’m accepting that I will no longer follow NFL football or the Saints in any way even resembling how I did prior to this egregious act of collusion.

If I thought that something would be done, I would hold some hope. Nothing will come out of this. I quit watching 99% of non-saints game two years ago. I do not watch ESPN or NFL network either.

Nobody wants to take them on or call them out for what it is. They are fixing games, point blank. Not our owner, coach, players, politicians, nobody.

The silence from the NFL is maddening but predictable and good PR from roger. He certainly doesn't want to detract from the big game.

The silence from the Saints is even worse to me. I'm with Saint Lattimore. I don't think I will ever watch Saints games the same way again if they stay on the sidelines while roger gives them a "good boy" pat on the head.

Nobody wants to take them on or call them out for what it is. They are fixing games, point blank. Not our owner, coach, players, politicians, nobody.

Wouldn't do any good. No letters or demands no matter how strongly worded will have any effect, that is the reality of the situation and anything else is a pipe dream.

We get nothing but a bunch of heartbroken fans and players. There will be no replayed game no compensation of any kind or no "We are sorry" from the NFL or its commissioner. Goodell's NFL is like a crime family it's driven by money and power and he has both on his side right now, so he doesn't give a damn what we think.

The league needed and wanted the Rams in the Superbowl to help build up that LA market which is full of hollow fans who only show up and spend money when teams are highly successful and the league knows it! They got what they wanted and could care less that it took cheating us to get it.

Wouldn't do any good. No letters or demands no matter how strongly worded will have any effect, that is the reality of the situation and anything else is a pipe dream.

We get nothing but a bunch of heartbroken fans and players. There will be no replayed game no compensation of any kind or no "We are sorry" from the NFL or its commissioner. Goodell's NFL is like a crime family it's driven by money and power and he has both on his side right now, so he doesn't give a damn what we think.

The league needed and wanted the Rams in the Superbowl to help build up that LA market which is full of hollow fans who only show up and spend money when teams are highly successful and the league knows it! They got what they wanted and could care less that it took cheating us to get it.

It would do me some good and quite frankly put to bed the notion in my mind that the Saints organization is fine with what happened. EXPOSE THEM or they are just as bad

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom