The great Tommy Myers (1 Viewer)

Tommy Myers probably my all-time favorite defensive Saint. Also liked Federspiel from back in the day.

Tommy Myers was also my all-time favorite defensive Saint, he was a hard working, hard hittin, great tacklin' mo-fo. #37 should be retired

Myers, Federspiel and Derland Moore. Besides Archie, those were the only guy who ever showed up in my new pack of TOPPS football cards.

(The pink bubble gum with the powered sugar stuff on it? That was just a bonus!)

Myers, Federspiel and Derland Moore. Besides Archie, those were the only guy who ever showed up in my new pack of TOPPS football cards.

(The pink bubble gum with the powered sugar stuff on it? That was just a bonus!)
I've got one of Derland's jerseys from his last season as a Saint, before he went to the Jets.

can this be moved to the "Geritol" board..............:)

Man, what us "middle agers" have to put up with from the GERBER crowd sometimes!!! Boy, am I offended!! You youngsters just don't respect us older folks near enough!!
Ok, so it's funny. I almost shot Ensure out of my nose. ;) :) :)

Still one of my all-time faves too! Man could he hit!

Another hitter was Davey Whitsall. I use to bartend in the french quarter and Davey would come in often. I asked him how he would defend against Jerry Rice. He said knock on his *** every chance he got.

...Davey Whitsell was a family friend for years, but I haven't seen him since about '96, when he had cancer and was so thin I didn't recognize him... Not sure if he's still around; I'll have to find out......

I'm glad to see there are many others that also fondly remember Tommy Myers. He really was one of the all time great Saints players. I also remember the play when he knocked the wide receiver out cold, but I thought it was a Falcons player?

Tommy Myers was one of the great Saints defensive players. He definitely would make my All-Saints team (that was a great thread/poll from the archived forum). I remember seeing him play many times. He always gave 110% from whistle to whistle. And yes Scott, I remember mostly how he could lay a hit on someone....POW!

Geritol crowd, indeed! :angryrazz: Let's play some Saints history trivia with the Gerber crowd, how 'bout? :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom