The greatest African American president on film (1 Viewer)

Best black POTUS

• Total voters
Tom Beck. Who wouldn't want God (Bruce Almighty, Evan Almighty) for President? :ezbill:

Only because Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors ever.

James Earl Jones as Douglass Dilman in "The Man" (of course, he only became President because the President and VP got killed by a roof collapse)

I'm a big fan of President David Palmer. I also enjoyed his calm, soothing commercials for Moststates Insurance, bringing my seething all-consuming hatred for the company down to a seething mostly-consuming hatred for the company.

I'm a big fan of President David Palmer. I also enjoyed his calm, soothing commercials for Moststates Insurance, bringing my seething all-consuming hatred for the company down to a seething mostly-consuming hatred for the company.

Really? When I see those commercials all I think is "Why is Pedro Cerrano trying to sell me insurance?"

cerrano.jpg

i liked david palmer until he started working for allstate...anyone making a homeowner claim knows what i mean

James Earl Jones as Douglass Dilman in "The Man" (of course, he only became President because the President and VP got killed by a roof collapse)

Agreed.

Also, what happened to Chris Rock as Mays Gilliam in Head of State? (He plays a DC Alderman who ends up running for Pres--he turns out to be almost as qualified as you-know-who.) A flawed but very funny movie.

Agreed.

Also, what happened to Chris Rock as Mays Gilliam in Head of State? (He plays a DC Alderman who ends up running for Pres--he turns out to be almost as qualified as you-know-who.) A flawed but very funny movie.

A bit of personal experience with Head of State: I was at Camden Yards the night that they filmed the baseball scene. Since it was during pre-game, they asked the fans to move down so that they could fill in some of the seats near the Os dugout and then filled in with extras with the Mays Gilliam signs. As I remember, they ran through through 4 or 5 takes and I assume the director then took the best one to send to the production version. It was pretty cool...and unexpected...to see that when just going to a baseball game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom