The Greatest Day in Alabama Sports History (1 Viewer)

Maxp

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

Kudos to Nick Saban for doing what is right.

Bama rednecks state wide are mentally unprepared to see an idol, held in equal esteem as Jesus, support BLM protests. How soon will they petition the courts to change their kids' names?

Bama rednecks state wide are mentally unprepared to see an idol, held in equal esteem as Jesus, support BLM protests. How soon will they petition the courts to change their kids' names?

He lost to LSU and Auburn last year. This may be the last straw for Bamanecks.

Good on Saban for doing what is right and not bowing to pressure from outside groups.

I saw though that there was one comment that is just........well you judge.

That's okay- I'm done with sports anyway. Sports and liberal teachers have destroyed all our schools. It's over for America.....but for most folks today they will not see it til its too late to fix. DANGEROUS ROADS AHEAD!

The fact there is only one comment about it tells me a LOT of Bammers are really confused right now. Ha!

Saban is trying to get run out of Alabama.

Saban has realized he is the king of Alabama and has a platform for change he should use if he wants to continue to recruit talented black athletes.

Snopes says its false.

Sorry, I should have posted it was fake. The picture of Biden isn't him.
People on SR know all too well my feelings and attitudes towards Alabama, its football program and particularly it's somewhat egotistical, self-centered HC. I salute him for taking a stand on important social issues like police reform, fighting and combating systemic injustice in our society towards Latinos, African-Americans, etc.

But realistically, in terms of making more overt political statements, like most of his NCAAF, NFL HC contemporaries, showing solidarity, support for worthwhile issues is likely the most obvious steps Saban's going to take instead of publicly proclaiming his support for one Presidential candidate or the other. If he were, let's say the HC of a PAC-12 school like Washington, there would be less potential for public backlash since political climate in Pacific Northwest, except for rural areas, is full of left-leaning libertarians or liberals.

Plus, the fact that Alabama is a deep-red GOP state with deeply conservative religious overtones to the extent that most Democrats who run for office can't openly say they support pro-choice or stronger gun control laws unless they run on "Let's be clearly bi-partisan on politics here" angle which strikes some as a clever metaphor for some Democratic candidates in blood red Republican states to avoid discussing hot-button social issues. Doug Jones is campaigning hard on a patriotic, pro-strong military stances in his re-election ads, and that last issue isn't exactly the highest priority among national Democratic Party right now. And Jones is actually running against a halfway competent, decent GOP candidate who doesnt have 1/10th of controversy, stupidity, and frankly criminal incompetence of Roy Moore. When
Mitch McConell goes on the record saying he rather have a Democrat win Sessions' former Senate seat in 2017 as opposed to some nutty, wacky, sexual deviant like Moore, that rings volumnes to how even the GOP viewed Moore as a pathetic, stupid lost cause.

Sorry, I should have posted it was fake. The picture of Biden isn't him.
BTW, War Eagle, Maxp. We won our first game today vs. Kentucky, 29-13. Looking at how our SEC-only schedule is shaping up this season, I feel like we're being thrown to the wolves having go up against one of our biggest, arch-rivals next week instead of playing them in mid-November. It's a very unusual set of circumstances to deal with honestly as an Auburn fan.

Then again. 2020 has been one entire year full of unusual, strange, weird circumstances.
Good luck, God bless, Maxp and I hope you guys down here in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores get back our your collective feets again after Hurricane Sally disrupted your lives and homes. I heard that the mayors of both cities lifted the curfews in both areas over a week ago and FEMA is doing a decently productive job overall surveying the damages, property and business losses. I know I've talked to clean-up crews, power company installers and repairmen, even a few National Guardsmen that came down here to help from as far away as Wisconsin and Massachusetts here in Mobile over the past 10 days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom