The Guitar Thread (3 Viewers)

Yea, the Taylor has a pretty easy action IMO. They dealer is lowering it just a little bit to help with my ring finger issue.

Also, I'm hoping I can get my kid interested in music. It doesn't have to be guitar but I'd like to see him take an interest in playing something.
Buy your son a set of drums....me and my oldest have had some good times just jamming in the garage. Started him on a set of electrics then moved him up to pearls. Great memories made.

Buy your son a set of drums....me and my oldest have had some good times just jamming in the garage. Started him on a set of electrics then moved him up to pearls. Great memories made.

Man that is sooo sweet. The only challenge for me is that my son is autistic. I keep trying to drive his interest in music but so far I can't get beyond getting him to love Chicago.. haha..

That's awesome. Been trying to get my son into learning an instrument, but he just isn't interested.

If I may make a couple of suggestions:
Have your son try to raise his throne a bit. Get his legs to at least a 90º bend . Adjust the tom angles, snare angles and cymbals accordingly.
Pull the dead body out of the kick drum. Unless you're dealing with a volume issue, it shouldn't need that much muffling. Small tea towel or throw blanket, at most, should be more than enough.
Finally, make sure he is wearing hearing protection. Even the cheap foam ear plugs from the big box home improvement store will help. Can still hear/feel the drums while protecting your hearing.

I'll stop there to avoid derailing the "guitar thread." Always great to see kids (and us older kids) playing instruments.

I'm not very good. I know a couple of songs, but not many. But the kids love for me to play them to sleep and I almost always indulge them. They love it and I think that's one of those things I'll remember when they're , and hopefully they will too.

Pulled the trigger on the Taylor today. Man it's got such a sweet sound. I'm giving the Justin Guitar lessons app a shot. The tuner feature was more useful than some of the others I've seen.

50565121842_95637da235_b.jpg

She's a beaut.

Man that is sooo sweet. The only challenge for me is that my son is autistic. I keep trying to drive his interest in music but so far I can't get beyond getting him to love Chicago.. haha..
I like chicago haha...I actually got the kids into Chicago a few years ago too. How old is your son? Maybe take him to a shop somewhere and let.t him diddle on some drums or another instrument and see if something sticks. Another one I did that's super cheap....harmonica haha. Even though the kids didn't really take to it they would still walk around playing it

That's awesome. Been trying to get my son into learning an instrument, but he just isn't interested.

If I may make a couple of suggestions:
Have your son try to raise his throne a bit. Get his legs to at least a 90º bend . Adjust the tom angles, snare angles and cymbals accordingly.
Pull the dead body out of the kick drum. Unless you're dealing with a volume issue, it shouldn't need that much muffling. Small tea towel or throw blanket, at most, should be more than enough.
Finally, make sure he is wearing hearing protection. Even the cheap foam ear plugs from the big box home improvement store will help. Can still hear/feel the drums while protecting your hearing.

I'll stop there to avoid derailing the "guitar thread." Always great to see kids (and us older kids) playing instruments.
Now that he's turned 17 and working....and working on girls he doesn't play very much anymore. Burns me up too because he was getting pretty good.....and I miss jamming with him in the garage.

I've played off an on for about 20 years now and I'm still not very good. I probably own way to many guitars for the level I play at :hihi:

This is probably my favorite guitar that I have right now:

Epiphone Riviera.jpg

Unfortunately Hurricane Delta had it's way with it:

View attachment IMG_3754.MOV

I was working on saving up for a Telecaster but that'll have to wait a while now.

I've played off an on for about 20 years now and I'm still not very good. I probably own way to many guitars for the level I play at :hihi:

Epiphone Riviera.jpg

That's a beautiful guitar and a shame it got damaged.

I was working on saving up for a Telecaster but that'll have to wait a while now.

I like chicago haha...I actually got the kids into Chicago a few years ago too. How old is your son? Maybe take him to a shop somewhere and let.t him diddle on some drums or another instrument and see if something sticks. Another one I did that's super cheap....harmonica haha. Even though the kids didn't really take to it they would still walk around playing it

Loved early Chicago with Terry Kath (incredible guitar player)....after Kath not so much....

Anyways, one question. What software do you guys recommend for learning the guitar? I'm going to approach this as if I'm a beginner again. I want to get back into Tabs but I also want to learn music more properly than last time. I've got an iPad, MacBookPro, and even a Win10 Surface Pro so I can be flexible on what platform to use. Do you guys have any software recommendations?

What little bit I've used I really like Fenderplay but you can get a lot of the stuff they do there on the youtube videos shared in this thread.

Do you have an xbox one or playstation? Because this game:

Has been a lot of fun. My daughter has a bass and really hadn't played it much until we got this game. We've been playing it now for about 6 months and my guitar playing has improved greatly and she's able to play a ton of songs now pretty well and she was a total beginner at the start.

Epiphone Riviera.jpg

Yikes man, was the whole thing submerged?

Slack the strings and if you can, I'd stick some of those dehumidifying packs down in the hollow-body (that you can recover). They sell ones specifically for guitars.

It doesn't have a battery in it, does it? Don't think so but I've never had an ES.

Yikes man, was the whole thing submerged?

Slack the strings and if you can, I'd stick some of those dehumidifying packs down in the hollow-body (that you can recover). They sell ones specifically for guitars.

It doesn't have a battery in it, does it? Don't think so but I've never had an ES.

It was in the guitar case and the case was on top of some plastic bins and those bins started to float and it fell off into the water. It's my fault for not thinking that one through when I was moving stuff around to higher ground :hihi:

I did loosen the strings and had it in a room with dehumidifiers going and then brought it to a friends house where it is now. I haven't checked on it since last week but it didn't look too too bad cosmetically. Just one spot where the wood was starting to separate a little. I haven't plugged it in to see if any of the electronics where messed up I was waiting to make sure it was completely dry before doing that.

It was in the guitar case and the case was on top of some plastic bins and those bins started to float and it fell off into the water. It's my fault for not thinking that one through when I was moving stuff around to higher ground :hihi:

I did loosen the strings and had it in a room with dehumidifiers going and then brought it to a friends house where it is now. I haven't checked on it since last week but it didn't look too too bad cosmetically. Just one spot where the wood was starting to separate a little. I haven't plugged it in to see if any of the electronics where messed up I was waiting to make sure it was completely dry before doing that.

Yeah I wouldn't plug it in for a good while, make sure its dry.

This one came up for sale near my house. They;'re asking $6,000 but if I can get them down to $5,000, I should grab this right?

1604615361550.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom