The Guitar Thread (1 Viewer)

Kurt Cobain a legend.......

"An acoustic guitar played by Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain on a famous unplugged album in 1993 has been sold at auction for $6 million, setting several records".

"1. Fender “Reach Out to Asia” Stratocaster - €2.3 millionUnlike the other guitars from this list the most expensive guitar ever sold was not pre-owned by an artist. It was, however, signed by many. Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton, Bryan Adams, Paul McCartney and fifteen other rock stars signed this Fender Stratocaster in order to make it a desirable and therefor valuable item in auction. They did so for good reason: to raise as much money as possible for the victims of the 2004 Tsunami in Asia. And it worked! The white Stratocaster, manufactured for about € 17,000, was auctioned for € 2.3 million making it the most expensive guitar ever sold."

This one came up for sale near my house. They;'re asking $6,000 but if I can get them down to $5,000, I should grab this right?

1604615361550.png

12-string is like a Les Paul. Sure they sound cool but totally unnecessary.

Played a few les Paul's. Only remember one thing...they're heavy haha.

I had a Les Paul standard for a year - it was gorgeous and rocked the casbah. But after a while I was like “this mother is heavy as fork and it’s not like I’m playing club gigs.” Sold it for exactly what I paid for it.

I had a Les Paul standard for a year - it was gorgeous and rocked the casbah. But after a while I was like “this mother is heavy as fork and it’s not like I’m playing club gigs.” Sold it for exactly what I paid for it.

One of the greatest things about a Les Paul.

This is gonna sound ridiculous because they're cheap but a guitar I've always wanted is a jackson dinky. I never spend money on myself and my wife bought me a guitar about 14-15 years ago and she got the bc rich because she was with me when I played one in a shop through a marshal and was playing poison and remarked how good it sounded. I'd rather have had a jackson but how was she to know haha

12-string is like a Les Paul. Sure they sound cool but totally unnecessary.

Me. With two Epiphone Les Pauls.

200.gif

Anyways, one question. What software do you guys recommend for learning the guitar? I'm going to approach this as if I'm a beginner again. I want to get back into Tabs but I also want to learn music more properly than last time. I've got an iPad, MacBookPro, and even a Win10 Surface Pro so I can be flexible on what platform to use. Do you guys have any software recommendations?

Fender play is free for 3 months and you don't have to give them your credit card info:

Last edited:
For you Les Paul fans, Gibson/Epiphone releasing a limited edition 1959 LP Standard remake for $799.

I wonder if that is being built in Gibson's Tennessee factory or Epiphone's Chinese one.

I wonder if that is being built in Gibson's Tennessee factory or Epiphone's Chinese one.

Without doing a lick of research, the fact that it’s a partnership with Epiphone, as well as that it’s at an ‘accessible’ price point- would lead me to believe that the answer is China.

This one came up for sale near my house. They;'re asking $6,000 but if I can get them down to $5,000, I should grab this right?

1604615361550.png

It is beautiful, but I never play my 12. I don't like it. Never have. Not sure even why I bought it except it was pretty and a good deal. Thinking back I've had this thing for 30 years and probably haven't replaced the strings 5 times.

I swear though, that's about as pretty as it gets. Even if it were in the case, I'd like it!

This is gonna sound ridiculous because they're cheap but a guitar I've always wanted is a jackson dinky. I never spend money on myself and my wife bought me a guitar about 14-15 years ago and she got the bc rich because she was with me when I played one in a shop through a marshal and was playing poison and remarked how good it sounded. I'd rather have had a jackson but how was she to know haha

I have an old Jackson that I love. It got flooded during Sally a few weeks ago along with an old Ampeg 2x12. When I went to sleep that night they said it was going to be a Cat 1 and hit 100 miles west of here. 5am I had 2' of water downstairs and they both got wet. I've cleaned them with fresh water and wiped down with corrosionx and I put them and a bunch of other stuff in a storage room with a little dehumidifier for weeks. I haven't had the nerve to try either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom