The hair of the dog that bit ya...... (1 Viewer)

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok .. its Sat morning .. I wake up at 9:00 with a mild hangover ..... the wife is still sleeping so I sneak down and make myself on of the greatest Blooody Marys ever........ 10 mins later the hangover is gone and I am ready to start the beautiful day!!! Dont suffer ..... drink a bloody mary with Tabasco and fresh ground black pepper..... it could be the difference between a bad morning and a good day.....

If my story can help just one person ..... I made a difference!!

Bloody Mary

Here's the classic Bloody Mary recipe. Enjoy!

1 1/2 ounces (1 jigger) vodka
1/2 cup tomato juice
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Worcestershire sauce to taste
Tabasco to taste
1 celery stick for garnish
1 lemon wedge for garnish

Combine the vodka, the tomato juice, the lemon juice, the Worcestershire sauce, the Tabasco, 1 cup ice cubes, and salt and pepper to taste, shake the mixture well, and strain it into a tall glass filled with ice cubes. Garnish the Bloody Mary with the celery stick and the lemon wedge.

Ok .. its Sat morning .. I wake up at 9:00 with a mild hangover ..... the wife is still sleeping so I sneak down and make myself on of the greatest Blooody Marys ever........ 10 mins later the hangover is gone and I am ready to start the beautiful day!!! Dont suffer ..... drink a bloody mary with Tabasco and fresh ground black pepper..... it could be the difference between a bad morning and a good day.....

Bloody Mary

1/2 cup tomato juice
Tabasco to taste

Combine the vodka, the tomato juice, the lemon juice, the Worcestershire sauce, the Tabasco, 1 cup ice cubes, and salt and pepper to taste, shake the mixture well, and strain it into a tall glass filled with ice cubes. Garnish the Bloody Mary with the celery stick and the lemon wedge.

LOL, hammernnails, way to get an early start! Bloody Mary is a great drink and this thread is simply a tease because I have no tomato juice right now :(

Bloody Mary

1/2 cup tomato juice
Tabasco to taste

You can replace the lemon juice with lime juice....and add more vodka too...

Bloody Mary

1/2 cup tomato juice
Tabasco to taste

HNN ~ this is no way meant to criticize your recipe, it just reflects my personal taste:

Horseradish!!! (to taste)
Replace lemon with lime (or use both)
Use V8 instead of tomato juice
If you like spice, use Crystal or other Louisiana hot sauce - Tabasco's flavor will dominate
Add Black pepper (or Tony's, but watch the salt, especially with V8)
Garnish with various varieties of pickled vegetables - beans, asparagus, okra, etc

Zing Zang makes teh allsome bloody mary mix - you really don't have to add anything to it.

Having tended bar for 15 years, I agree with a spicy bloody mary. May I also add a Barqs rootbeer after the bloody mary.

HNN ~ this is no way meant to criticize your recipe, it just reflects my personal taste:

If you like spice, use Crystal or other Louisiana hot sauce - Tabasco's flavor will dominate
Garnish with various varieties of pickled vegetables - beans, asparagus, okra, etc

Zing Zang makes teh allsome bloody mary mix - you really don't have to add anything to it.

Horseradish...interesting, I will have to give this a try. I assume just regular crushed horseradish rather than creamy variety?

crack open a can of tomato soup.... close enough .....

I wasn't sure that this would work, but not bad. I added a little water and salt.

Holy good LAWRD......... I forgot HORSERADISH!!!!!! your 100% right !!

Horseradish...interesting, I will have to give this a try. I assume just regular crushed horseradish rather than creamy variety?

Either works, really, but crushed is better. Shaking helps to properly distribute it. Like cocktail sauce, be careful as to your audience.. a little goes a long way.

Either works, really, but crushed is better. Shaking helps to properly distribute it. Like cocktail sauce, be careful as to your audience.. a little goes a long way.

Time for a trip to the store. Not what I planned on doing this Saturday but why not, I am going to be wasted by lunchtime, perfect timing for Steak and Brats :)

Time for a trip to the store. Not what I planned on doing this Saturday but why not, I am going to be wasted by lunchtime, perfect timing for Steak and Brats :)

The only bears fan that I like........Enjoy your morning.. remember.. its better to be drunk that hungover

In my younger days that exact drink(yes with the tabasco & black pepper) saved me more than a few times on the morning after.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom