The Hard Truth About Drew (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would rather no other QB on the field when the game is on the line.

LOL, this thread didn't age well.
really? I think you're being blinded by the W and the final yardage number. Drew's big pass to Teddy was what 20 yds in the air? all of his long passes sailed. His interception was a long pass that sailed. And most importantly this. The final drive of the Saints, Drew threw a 40 yd bomb to a wide open WR that would've ended that game with a TD. That ball sailed wide right. Drew Brees as recent as 2017 would've NAILED that pass and Saints win by a TD over the Panthers. "Hard Truth" is an appropriate title...

really? I think you're being blinded by the W and the final yardage number. Drew's big pass to Teddy was what 20 yds in the air? all of his long passes sailed. His interception was a long pass that sailed. And most importantly this. The final drive of the Saints, Drew threw a 40 yd bomb to a wide open WR that would've ended that game with a TD. That ball sailed wide right. Drew Brees as recent as 2017 would've NAILED that pass and Saints win by a TD over the Panthers. "Hard Truth" is an appropriate title...
What game were you watching All three of those deep shots were money balls.

As the biggest Brees fan on the planet, I'm seeing for the first time that decline we've been talking about.

If we get any negative play during a series of downs, we are almost guaranteed to get to 4th down. Brees gets sacked, series is over. Offensive holding, series is over. It's sad to see, but it's happening.

That being said, we saw the very best of Drew and his intellect. He's the smartest QB to ever play the game.

But yeah we can't get the ball down field anymore.

Which is why Michael Thomas has to be declared the best receiver in football, knowing our offensive pass plays are very limited.

28-35 228 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Ints will win you a Super Bowl however. All is not lost. Let's keep the faith.
Second biggest ?

You must be a Congressman. True or not you're going to stick to you're a agenda no matter how wrong it is.

He definitely threw it farther today than I thought he could based on last week. I'm really glad to see him make the attempts. They were not all accurate, but the premise that he physically can't throw it down the field is effectively disproven.

Looks like last week was an anomaly. He made throws today down the field and on outs that were comparable to what he has been doing the last 3 years. Hopefully, we keep utilizing the whole field.

You see deep accuracy go when arm strength goes. A few balls sailed on him (INT, Cook leaping catch, possibly bomb to Ginn on last drive). And some balls were underthrown (deep pass to Ginn that fell about 1 yard short, pass to Ginn where Ginn got the helmet to helmet hit).

But at this point I don't know what is caused by the thumb injury and what isn't. And it was reassuring that Drew had the confidence to throw those balls today.

You see deep accuracy go when arm strength goes. A few balls sailed on him (INT, Cook leaping catch, possibly bomb to Ginn on last drive). And some balls were underthrown (deep pass to Ginn that fell about 1 yard short, pass to Ginn where Ginn got the helmet to helmet hit).

But at this point I don't know what is caused by the thumb injury and what isn't. And it was reassuring that Drew had the confidence to throw those balls today.

Didn’t see it that way. He made a bad decision on the throw to Smith, which is why SP lit him up. The Cook ball was slightly overthrown, but in a place where Cook could make the play. And the first deep ball to Ginn was right on the money.

Not every pass that’s slightly inaccurate is because of a loss of arm strength. If that were true, then every QB in the league is suffering from a declining arm.

Not every pass that’s slightly inaccurate is because of a loss of arm strength. If that were true, then every QB in the league is suffering from a declining arm.

For sure. We will see how it goes the rest of the year. But at last he attempted the throws today. I can't remember him taking this many shots downfield in the last 2.5 years.

For sure. We will see how it goes the rest of the year. But at last he attempted the throws today. I can't remember him taking this many shots downfield in the last 2.5 years.
"It was definitely encouraging" -in sean payton voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom