The Hard Truth About Drew (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never underestimate the ones who can crap on a win. Brees is 40. He’s not the same guy he was at his peak. We all know that. He’s playing with a repaired throwing hand and still completed 80% of his passes and three TDs.

Well here's the hard truth. If you don't want to watch Drew be the quarterback. Quit watching the Saints until he is no longer playing because Sean is not benching him.

That's a stupid response! Like, if you don't agree with me, don't watch the game I like to watch!! Whatever....if you don't like to read different opinions, stay off this board :)

Agreed about the outs. Just more reason that the Saints need to be discipline and have makable third downs. The team played well today and put Brees in the type of position to thrive. Maybe it’s the thumb, but comebacks like the Falcons games appear to be much more challenging than they ever had in the Brees era.

What an effing moron. Sorry admins admonish me if you will. Every week some moron makes a post like this. The guy is coming off major thumb surgery, and say what what you will that effects the touch and velocity of the ball. He can certainly throw a 15 yard pass. GET REAL! I guess the guy has to have 100% completion percentage in order to still be the start on this team. That’s how you come across on this post OP. Some fan and some analytical mind you have there. Do we push the ball down field? No and it’s by design our offence has changed we are A BALL CONTROL TEAM now.

Stop with these false narratives and enjoy the damn season. Brees needs to execute our game plan, be smart with audibles, make the right reads and stack first downs. Look at our TOP and that tells you a lot as well on these games. I’m not going to get into officiating but I will tell you, penalties can be drive killers and I don’t see why being in an 18 yard situation trying to throw a corner or deep out and it being a little rushed and short a cause to call it a damn career for the guy.

If you don’t like what you see, go cheer another team

there’s no need to call names. Brees made two really off 15 and outs...the observation was accurate.

What lack of good play? He had one bad game. Last week.

He was fine today. He's not 09 Drew anymore but he's still a darn good QB. Yall are amazingly spoiled.

And I am one of those "Super Bowl or bust" fans this season but how people like you expect perfection or take every shortfall of our team and corral that into "THIS IS WHY WE WILL LOSE IN JAN!" is obnoxious. Like damn, ENJOY THE RIDE atleast. JFC.
If the o-line is great, Drew won't have a bad game. Last week was bad for him because of the O-line. The offense has morphed to accomodate what Drew can do.

He was fine today. He's not 09 Drew anymore but he's still a darn good QB. Yall are amazingly spoiled.

And I am one of those "Super Bowl or bust" fans this season but how people like you expect perfection or take every shortfall of our team and corral that into "THIS IS WHY WE WILL LOSE IN JAN!" is obnoxious. Like damn, ENJOY THE RIDE atleast. JFC.
no I I disagree with you on that statement not the shortfall of the team that shortfall of the quarterback

I disagree with you on that statement I don't complain about the shortfalls of the team I complain about the shortfalls of the quarterback cuz I remember quarterback that held out of training camp for a hundred million dollars contract and he got his money and what has the team got in return for all that money One NFC Championship game loss and no appeared in the Super Bowl and before you start I know all those playoff failures weren't only on him but he did play a part in most of them so I'm for 1 or not going to praise him when he have a pretty good game I remember the bad ones also

What an effing moron. Sorry admins admonish me if you will. Every week some moron makes a post like this. The guy is coming off major thumb surgery, and say what what you will that effects the touch and velocity of the ball. He can certainly throw a 15 yard pass. GET REAL! I guess the guy has to have 100% completion percentage in order to still be the start on this team. That’s how you come across on this post OP. Some fan and some analytical mind you have there. Do we push the ball down field? No and it’s by design our offence has changed we are A BALL CONTROL TEAM now.

Stop with these false narratives and enjoy the damn season. Brees needs to execute our game plan, be smart with audibles, make the right reads and stack first downs. Look at our TOP and that tells you a lot as well on these games. I’m not going to get into officiating but I will tell you, penalties can be drive killers and I don’t see why being in an 18 yard situation trying to throw a corner or deep out and it being a little rushed and short a cause to call it a damn career for the guy.

If you don’t like what you see, go cheer another team
You've got to be better than this.

no I I disagree with you on that statement not the shortfall of the team that shortfall of the quarterback
I disagree with you on that statement I don't complain about the shortfalls of the team I complain about the shortfalls of the quarterback cuz I remember quarterback that held out of training camp for a hundred million dollars contract and he got his money and what has the team got in return for all that money One NFC Championship game loss and no appeared in the Super Bowl and before you start I know all those playoff failures weren't only on him but he did play a part in most of them so I'm for 1 or not going to praise him when he have a pretty good game I remember the bad ones also
This is kind of...uninformed about football...

Did you see the defenses he has had to work with?

Offense has always produced at the top the league.

I know they're a division rival but to get the brakes beat off of you at home mud Stomp at home I think that should should raise some kind of concern

Naw bro its football any given sunday. We beat the falcons when they went to the superbowl and we wer traaaaaaaaaaasssshhhhhh. Any team 8-2 is good saints lose 2 more out of 6 is a great record at 12 - 4. And i feel some tyoe of way ibwatch brees this dude been a professional. He treats everyone equal dude had some of the worste defense in history and never complain. I dont care if he throw like a grandma he my qb and greatest to me of all time. Whole thread disrespectful

If you dont think Brees has earned that contract compared to the other qbs that have similar contracts in the NFL then you need to open your eyes and look around.

What starting NFL QB can't make this throw? What backups? This affects the offense because it is true of all throws that involve velocity and depth.

The offense has obviously been trending this way for the last few years. It is probably why Brandin Cooks forced his way out. But the throws today were the most obvious indication of the drop-off I have seen.

I do wonder how much his grip because of the thumb injury plays into this. Because he was able to throw the ball 35 yards against the Texans without stepping into thst throw. But that was 9 weeks and a severe thumb injury ago.
LOL you add to the ridiculous post , I just watched Carson Wentz do the same thing a 15 yd out not even on the other hash . Of course DB's arm has declined some but no way near enough to not make him effective , Your example is ridiculous and not relevant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom