The Hard Truth About Drew (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the hard truth about me.

I don't care. I heard the same crap about Teddy when he was in. Who do y'all want?

Teddy could chuck it 35+ yards down the field to Ginn if it was there. He is famously known for being cautious, you are right. But I legit don't think Drew could throw 35 yards today if it was in warmups.

Keep in mind that you're saying the 15 yard out... that's actually a 33 yard throw when you do the math. I agree his arm wasn't super sharp but it was an out door game@55 degrees and he's wearing a hand brace to protect his surgically repaired thumb, what exactly were you expecting to see? There's plenty of big arms in the NFL, Winston has one, How many throws did you see that big arm deliver to the right window? I'll take accuracy and game know how all day long.

This is possible.

We sure aren't taking shot plays anymore. Like zero.

I like the offense we are running (less the Atlanta game) and think it's the right offense, but part of the formula would be to pick moments for shot plays. And we aren't taking any shots.

Seam routes, deep outs, throws to the end zone, the 25-30 yard throws in tight spaces all WAY down to non existent.

Hopefully it's lingering issues with the thumb more than the arm and it gets better because if the play selection is what it is to protect Drew, or Drew himself doesn't trust it, then yes in the playoffs this would get exposed.
A lot of the plays that are called, has to do with the type of defense being played. It is tough to throw deep down the middle and seams against the Bucs. They like to force the throw to the sides. In addition, the Saints truly do not have the deep threat. And this includes Ginn. Do not even get ne started in TQS. The guy is useless and clueless.

Blah blah blah

Peyton Manning looked as bad as any QB I’ve ever seen in a SB the last one that he won. Keep doing what you’re doing Drew. Decline or not, he’s still plenty good enough to win a SB and anyone who says differently has an agenda.
As long as the running game and defense stay on point....

A lot of the plays that are called, has to do with the type of defense being played. It is tough to throw deep down the middle and seams against the Bucs. They like to force the throw to the sides. In addition, the Saints truly do not have the deep threat. And this includes Ginn. Do not even get ne started in TQS. The guy is useless and clueless.

How you feel about TQS (and I agree) is how I feel about Davenport. To me 91 is better. Can’t say what will happen for the future but I sure think Dav has been close to bust level so far. For what we gave up.

Keep in mind that you're saying the 15 yard out... that's actually a 33 yard throw when you do the math. I agree his arm wasn't super sharp but it was an out door game@55 degrees and he's wearing a hand brace to protect his surgically repaired thumb, what exactly were you expecting to see? There's plenty of big arms in the NFL, Winston has one, How many throws did you see that big arm deliver to the right window? I'll take accuracy and game know how all day long.

And it wasn't 15 yards anyway. He's talking about that out to Thomas on 2nd and 18. Thomas was about 5 yards past the sticks as well.

That throw was the equivalent to like a 45 yard pass between the hashes. That is always labeled the toughest throw in football for a reason.

I say bench him.. he's a terrible QB and is a liability to this team. we'll never be able to win with him at QB... /SARCASM.
Lol.. I just come here for the entertainment.. maybe we should trade for Winston, he can throw the deep ball...

Let's just be intellectually honest. Drew is QB1. Injured and old Drew is the best QB on this team, and the only one who can lead us to a Super Bowl win on this team. But his ineffectiveness/unwillingness on deep passes is noteworthy. It is harder to score points grinding out 10+ play drives because there are no explosive plays.

We can note weaknesses in the Great One's game without acting like I am saying that he is garbage.

Brees can't throw an NFL 15 yard out. We saw it on 2 plays in a row where he lobbed the ball to the sideline. He can't throw the ball down the field unless a guy is open by 10 yards. He doesn't trust himself to get it there, and he won't even try. When we crucify our receivers we need to remember this. Some WRs have to run routes more than 15 yards down the field on any given play. But they won't be getting thrown to because of Drew's arm strength.

By the time we get to the playoffs, some team will shut down the short passes and the run, and we won't be able to take advantage on 15 yards and deeper opportunities. And then if the defense doesn't carry us, we will be out again.

Who shutting the saints down and why would the defense play bad and why doest it matter if drew winning

And it wasn't 15 yards anyway. He's talking about that out to Thomas on 2nd and 18. Thomas was about 5 yards past the sticks as well.

That throw was the equivalent to like a 45 yard pass between the hashes. That is always labeled the toughest throw in football for a reason.
Those get picked off at a high rate because the distance travelled nearly laterally lets the DBs get a break on the ball.

And one almost was a disastrous pick 6 today.

How you feel about TQS (and I agree) is how I feel about Davenport. To me 91 is better. Can’t say what will happen for the future but I sure think Dav has been close to bust level so far. For what we gave up.

Devenport is playing hurt. It was obvious from the way that Winston ran away from him on that long QB keeper. No way crab legs is outrunning Devenport. Infact, I saw him get hurt at the end of the first bucs game. I was in the dome and watched him call for relief during the last 8 minutes and hobble off the field. He's got something nagging going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom