The Hard Truth About Drew (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what some are saying about Drew . . . I saw this yesterday.

This is what some are saying about Drew . . . I saw this yesterday.

Consider the source. I don’t even know who the guy is wearing the hoodie and sports coat. Must be getting fashion advice from Cam Newton. Brees threw 3 long balls, on the money, in the last 2 games.
Anyone, who suggests, that the Saints rotate 3 QBs in a game doesn’t‘ have much credibility.
What we need are WRs and TEs that catch the long ball.

Consider the source. I don’t even know who the guy is wearing the hoodie and sports coat. Must be getting fashion advice from Cam Newton. Brees threw 3 long balls, on the money, in the last 2 games.
Anyone, who suggests, that the Saints rotate 3 QBs in a game doesn’t‘ have much credibility.
What we need are WRs and TEs that catch the long ball.
Oh for sure, I thought the guy was some Chicago dude (based on the skyline). I was just posting what is being said about the team and Drew specifically.

Im a Big Drew Brees Fan, but come on guys if you cant see the decline in his game starting since the middle of last season.
You're only kidding yourself. Do I want Drew replaced, Hell to the no. But you can see the writing on the wall, he is frickin
41 years old, you cant beat father time.
Its not that people cant see a decline.
Its the exaggeration of the decline presented as truth.
Its the rediculous comparison of Brees to Flacco.
Its the nonsense of the idea that we cant win a super bowl with Brees as our QB at the level he is playing at right now.

Its almost as if some of you guys relish for the days when the back up QB was more popular than the starting QB. The days of the Billy Joes, Wilson, Brooks......

Its almost as if some around here think this is Madden and points and yards should just come without effort.

Again... This is the Hard Truth about Brees. He is the greatest Saints player in the history of the Saints. He is still playing at a high level and we can win a Super Bowl with him as our QB. Has his played declined from when he was in his thirties? Yes it has. However he is still one of the best QBs in the NFL. Brees has earned our respect. We should give it to him and enjoy the time he has left as our QB.

Brees can't throw an NFL 15 yard out. We saw it on 2 plays in a row where he lobbed the ball to the sideline. He can't throw the ball down the field unless a guy is open by 10 yards. He doesn't trust himself to get it there, and he won't even try. When we crucify our receivers we need to remember this. Some WRs have to run routes more than 15 yards down the field on any given play. But they won't be getting thrown to because of Drew's arm strength.

By the time we get to the playoffs, some team will shut down the short passes and the run, and we won't be able to take advantage on 15 yards and deeper opportunities. And then if the defense doesn't carry us, we will be out again.
Drew has been declining for the past couple of seasons, but this may be a bit of a reach. I've seen Ginn drop a few good dimes from 25+ yards. Brees may not be completing many because of who our deep threats are. Kamara and Thomas are the best receivers and they are generally running intermediate routes to move the chains; hence no deep pass completions.

Drew has been declining for the past couple of seasons, but this may be a bit of a reach. I've seen Ginn drop a few good dimes from 25+ yards. Brees may not be completing many because of who our deep threats are. Kamara and Thomas are the best receivers and they are generally running intermediate routes to move the chains; hence no deep pass completions.
He's thrown it much better in the 2 games since I posted this. I don't see any difference in his deep throws the last 2 weeks, compared to the last 2.5 years.

I don't know if it was weather conditions or the thumb, but that game was an outlier. And I didn't account for the fact that that was a possibility.

He's throwing the outs with adequate velocity. He's thrown 2 or 3 15 yard outs that didn't get lobbed into the dirt since then. He's attempting deep passes beyond 35 yards in the air.

Drew can't throw as far as many other NFL QBs, but enough is there to be a threat (if Cook and Ginn decide to catch it).

I agree that Drew can definitely win us a Superbowl this year. I just don't agree that he can play another 2 to 3 years at his age.
And as competitive as he is I doubt that he would keep wanting to play if he can not produce as he is accustom to. That's just my
opinion. Flame away!!!!!

Drew can't throw as far as many other NFL QBs, but enough is there to be a threat (if Cook and Ginn decide to catch it).
That's been true for Drew's entire career. In fact, it's why he wasn't drafted until the second round.

I think there are people who are overestimating Drew's arm strength when he was at his peak, while at the same time underestimating his current arm strength.

Drew can still throw the ball accurately 30-40 yards. The difference is that we don't have receivers who can catch. Outside of MT, who is there? There's no one to take the top off of the defense anymore, and that's not Drew's fault. Hell, he overthrew a few deep balls over the past few games.

Of course he's not Brees from 10 years ago. But he's 75-80% of that guy, and that's plenty enough to win a championship. Manning did it playing a much lower level of play. So can Brees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom