The Hardest Thing About Saints Playoff Losses (1 Viewer)

Saints always lose to lesser teams. We were better than the 49ers back in 2011, we were better than the Vikings in both losses, better than the Rams when the refs cheated us and way better than the Bucs. We pretty much gifted these teams games. It makes you wonder WHYYYYY? And for me it starts with the head coach. What is it about the head coach that leads to so many turnovers and playing down to the competition. Payton should have known in the beginning of the game that the Bucs were going to go for it on 4th down EVERY TIME!

It's not playing down to the competition it's everything the head coach and team doesn't do each year. Saints may be better than all of those teams head to head or some point during the season but never when it matters most and when it counts. Payton doesn't show up as a play caller and your team turns the ball over gifting and giving any team points is a sure way to lose any game.

Blaming CSP now? Yes, I agree with going for it when you're close to the goal line especially the way Lutz fell off the Earth the last 6-7 games. Perhaps he thought our D was good enough to stop Tampa and he could be right if that's what he thought. The O let him down. Between Brees' soft tosses that could have been 6 INT's instead of 3 and Jared Cook forgetting how to protect a football the D had to take the field much more than needed and looked fatigued midway through the 3rd quarter. Tampa running the ball on a tired D is what put the game away IMO.

Saints always lose to lesser teams. We were better than the 49ers back in 2011, we were better than the Vikings in both losses, better than the Rams when the refs cheated us and way better than the Bucs. We pretty much gifted these teams games. It makes you wonder WHYYYYY? And for me it starts with the head coach. What is it about the head coach that leads to so many turnovers and playing down to the competition. Payton should have known in the beginning of the game that the Bucs were going to go for it on 4th down EVERY TIME!
9ers team was light years better on defense. That game was decided in part when we lost 2 seed, home field and a bye by losing to a horrible Rams team. Despite all of that we were leading with 24 seconds left and ball on 9ers 28 yard line. The rest is history.

I agree we were better than MN in 2017 and 2019.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom