The Hardest Thing About Saints Playoff Losses (1 Viewer)

SaintsMan209

SB This year!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saints always lose to lesser teams. We were better than the 49ers back in 2011, we were better than the Vikings in both losses, better than the Rams when the refs cheated us and way better than the Bucs. We pretty much gifted these teams games. It makes you wonder WHYYYYY? And for me it starts with the head coach. What is it about the head coach that leads to so many turnovers and playing down to the competition. Payton should have known in the beginning of the game that the Bucs were going to go for it on 4th down EVERY TIME!

I agree.....there is absolutely no excuse for losing some of these games. 21 of their 30 points off turnovers. Inexcusable.

Seems like Payton doesn’t understand that you have to give 200% in the playoffs, because other teams do. That starts with gameplan and goes down to motivation and execution. Make no mistake, we won in 2009 when we were the underdogs

I think Sean Is a great motivator and good coach. Great coach? Prob not. But would I risk losing him for another guy with no credentials? No thanks

Tampa had the game plan we SHOULD have had. Lean on the run game, limit mistakes at all costs. A lot of blame needs to go to Drew, and certainly to Cook for being so careless when we were going up 2 scores. Even if we go up 10 instead of 14, we still win that game.

Players have to execute, and I'm not trying to take blame away from Drew on his first 2 interceptions, but some blame needs to go onto Sean for calling the game like it's 2011 Drew Brees and not 2021 Drew Brees on his last tank of gas.

It wasn't the greatest game that Payton has called by any means. However, those turnovers are what lost it. The greatest game plan in the world along with everyone being super motivated might still not have been enough to overcome 4 giveaways, most of which lead to very easy points on short drives.

It wasn't the greatest game that Payton has called by any means. However, those turnovers are what lost it. The greatest game plan in the world along with everyone being super motivated might still not have been enough to overcome 4 giveaways, most of which lead to very easy points on short drives.

lol at your avatar. Thanks. I needed that laugh

Bucs three TD drives...21 points ...totaled 64 yards.

If that isn't the most glaring stat ever... i don't know what is.

Basically it says ... you lost due to turnovers.

Sean could have called a better game, maybe...but if Drew protects the ball...if Cook protects the ball, we win easily.

don't forget the Beastquake game in 2010!

in all seriousness, I agree with you that we were the better team each time. but except for being cheated in the Rams game, we simply didn't do what we needed to do to win.

Saints always lose to lesser teams. We were better than the 49ers back in 2011, we were better than the Vikings in both losses, better than the Rams when the refs cheated us and way better than the Bucs. We pretty much gifted these teams games. It makes you wonder WHYYYYY? And for me it starts with the head coach. What is it about the head coach that leads to so many turnovers and playing down to the competition. Payton should have known in the beginning of the game that the Bucs were going to go for it on 4th down EVERY TIME!
Drastically underachieving, like the Atlanta Braves of the 90s.

The common denominator in the last 4 playoff losses is slow starts offensively.

We couldn’t do a damn thing until Rhodes got injured in 2017.
We should have been 21-0 up on the Rams.
3 points from our first 3 possessions against Minnesota and should have been 14-0 up on Sunday.

Jared Cook forgot to hold the ball high and tight.

Michael Thomas could not get separation the entire game due to multiple ligament tears in his ankle. So our #1 receiver was a total liability on the field.

Those are the top 2 reasons for our loss to Tampa.
Drew's turnovers is the top reason

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom