The hatred and disrespect Brees gets from fans around the league is appalling (1 Viewer)

I think Drew cares about that crap about as much as I do.

Wait.................what was the topic?............:rolleyes:

Have you read any articles posted with Brady or Manning? Hating on celebrities is what the Internet does. You cannot use an Internet forum as a gage of "consensus" opinion. Heck, Matt Ryan is by all accounts a decent enough guy and we hate on him as much as anyone.

People who cannot hide behind anonymity pretty much universally praise Brees as a good man and a good QB. The only reason Brees usually doesn't get mentioned like Brady does is because of the Saints win/loss record over the last few seasons. It's a win first league. Swap win loss records between Brees and Brady and Brady likely doesn't even get mentioned as a possible first ballot HoF QB.

I was actually talking more about encounters I've had with fans of different teams and people from different areas of the country. The Internet just reinforces what they have said.

I think some of that hate stems back to a few years ago and Drew ( in an interview) said something to the effect that SOME older players had squandered the money they made in the NFL. I think it may have been in regard to a settlement over retirement pensions for older players.

Some players both present and past thought Drew was out of line in his comments. . He kinda came across to them as a shill for the league and somewhat a goody two shoes. All of which couldnt be further from the truth. Some people are just too honest and too good as a person to be admired by all but a few but those few are the most vocal and cynical. Pay them no mind. Do not let their hate for something and someone good infect your heart.

If you read the comments sections on NOLA.com or WWLTV on facebook (I don't recommend it), you'll see that a lot of Saints "fans" are completely ignorant themselves when it comes to Brees. They basically parrot the exact same things that the national media has been spewing for a long time. The last few days leading up to this extension were particularly bad. These fans really do take what he's done for granted.

And yes, there are a few people on this board with that mentality.

I think the majority of them refer to his stats and think he is just working on them without actually winning. It is hard for them to see someone other than Manning, Brady, and Rodgers leading the league in any stat.

I don't care, and neither does Brees I guess.

They are all "Neidhammel" translation "Envy-mutton"

Neidhammel is a german expression to describe someone who is so full of stupid envy that he does not what anybody to have something he doesnt have.
I'll add that to my collection of German words, like Schadenfreude :ezbill:

Wait! People are just making stuff now. I never heard anyone hate on Drew. Just because you mention that Drew is getting old,or that the cap is an issue for team in our position doesn't mean you're hating. Some of you guys really need to calm down.:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom