The hatred and disrespect Brees gets from fans around the league is appalling (1 Viewer)

I stopped watching the top 100 because of the hate 4 Drew. The only qb on the list that interviews defensive players about how it felt to pick Drew off. I've always been a huge fan of the honey bagger but I wish he would've not done that.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I think it has more to do with being envious/jealous than anything else. We are a small market team that had only wine 1 playoff game before Sean and Drew arrived. They took us from a bad franchise to a arguably a model franchise. (As Saints fans, we know there's more to it, but the masses just see Sean and, especially, Drew.) Why would an elite QB want to, not only play here, but STAY here!? Many people don't get it, especially fans of teams that have average or below average QBs.

As for the media, they want him gone for one main reason. Brees hitting FA would be a huge story. There would be a massive bidding war. its a dream scenario for them.

Brady signs a contract through 42 years old (ensuring huge dead money if he retires at 40/41) = Team player, took a discount, ultimate competitor

Brees signs a contract through 38 years old (leaving us much less dead money if he retires at 39) = Greedy, on the decline, money grubber

It's just the way of the world.

I think you have to throw in that NE is at the point that they can do literally the most bizarre move possible and it will be considered a Jedi mind trick because of reputation. I don't care much about the Patriots but I'd love to see a regression year just to get rid of this tendency.

So if Peyton Manning was to sign another huge contract, what do you think fans around the league would say about it?

I think your sources of this are social media (FB, Twitter), and the blogosphere. Everyone I run into, opposing fans, etc. have said nothing but good things about Drew. When you spend a lot of time on these social media sites, the blogs, and twitter, you will run into all sorts of trolls whose life ambition is to assassinate people. They are dregs. The bottom rung of the human gene pool.

If you don't know what he's talking about then you either don't get out much, or you don't read the comments section of various Brees-related articles very much. His perception of the consensus is spot on.

Avoiding news/content comments sections is one of those simple steps everybody can take to improve the quality of their day.

If you don't know what he's talking about then you either don't get out much, or you don't read the comments section of various Brees-related articles very much. His perception of the consensus is spot on.

Have you read any articles posted with Brady or Manning? Hating on celebrities is what the Internet does. You cannot use an Internet forum as a gage of "consensus" opinion. Heck, Matt Ryan is by all accounts a decent enough guy and we hate on him as much as anyone.

People who cannot hide behind anonymity pretty much universally praise Brees as a good man and a good QB. The only reason Brees usually doesn't get mentioned like Brady does is because of the Saints win/loss record over the last few seasons. It's a win first league. Swap win loss records between Brees and Brady and Brady likely doesn't even get mentioned as a possible first ballot HoF QB.

Amended to original post about the 9% arm strength:

edit: cannot find the proof, while I remember the source as being valid when it was posted here originally, I cannot find the source post here or a verification from the Internet, so my apologies.

I think "hatred" of Brees is very small and mostly imaginary. Fans of our division rivals may "hate" him because he's hard to play against, but I doubt they hate him as a person.
Anyway, I doubt it bothers Brees, he's a big boy.

Attachments

• leave Brees.jpg
    leave Brees.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 79
I don't get it?

Here you have one of the truly good guys in all of sports. He's a family man. He gives back to his community. He is beyond elite and will likely hold most of the major passing records when he retires. He's never been even remotely involved in any kind of scandal. He never says a bad word about any other team or any other players.

Yet to hear fans around the league talk, he's nothing but a greedy money-grubbing stat hound, he's "on the decline", he's too old, too short, and he's got a mole on his face, and even when he signs a contract that is totally beneficial to his team, he still gets raked over the coals because he wants too much money.

It's infuriating, I feel like the whole world is stupid right now.

What!

Anonymous people on the INTERNET saying whatever Krap they want?

No waaaaaaay...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom