The having (or thinking you have) Covid-19 thread (1 Viewer)

or at least just psychosomatic.

The only upside to imagining symptoms is that maybe we're more likely to be extra cautious and either not get sick or not spread it if we are carriers?
The psychosomatic effect is real and if it leads us to be extra cautious, I believe that is a good thing. Anything that gets us to wash our hands and isolate more is good.

I think there is an outside chance that I may have a mild version (knock on wood).

Got a notice from my office building (Baton Rouge) that on March 16 and 17 there was an individual in the building that had tested positive for the corona virus. I wasnt there for very long on the 16th, but there is one entrance that everyone uses and I was loading up my vehicle with water bottles leaving and entering a handful of times. Our office is the first one at the entrance, and everyone will pass it.

Last Tuesday (24th), during my daily walk I felt a little labored, but didnt think anything of it. Just one of those days with lesser energy.
Last Wednesday (Mar 25) as I was going to bed aches in my shoulders, back, chest, abdomen started. They were light, but I wasnt getting chills with them, so not thinking about it much.
Last Thursday (Mar 26), at bedtime the aches were much higher and there was some discomfort when taking deep breaths. I wasnt gasping for air or anything, but was starting to get concerned. Reading online that the sensation was described as "shortness of breath", but I had never had it before so couldnt really tell. Shortness of Breath to me was "difficult breathing" as in getting air... not discomfort.
Friday morning (mar 27) I feel like total crap. Can't concentrate, breathing discomfort, elevated temperature at 99.8 (I'm a low-mid 97 guy usually), and lots and lots of irregular heartbeats. Elevated blood sugars (around 100 and I eat very few carbs.. i typically live in the 70s for glucose level)
Saturday (Mar 28) a lot better, still discomfort with breathing, temperature about the same, and irregular heartbeats.
Sunday (Mar 29) more improvement with discomfort getting close to normal, still irregular heartbeats (probably 10 hours of the day)
Monday (Mar 30) feeling a lot better. No discomfort breathing, temp about the same, and lots of episodes of irregular heartbeats, but not for extended duration,
Tuesday (Mar 31): feeling mostly OK. Mild heart irregularity (about 2 hour burden total). Temperature peaked at 99.1. In the pre-Coronavirus days (last month), I would have gone to work and "toughed it out" which is silly.
Wednesday (Apr 1): feeling OK, about the same as yesterday. Can breathe as deeply as I want with no discomfort. Mild heart irregularity. Temp peak at 98.6. Blood sugar levels are lowering closer to where they normally are, so the infection levels are probably dropping a lot.

Is this Coronavirus? I have no idea and would probably think it isnt except for the fact of the guy being at the office building the same day I was. I do feel fortunate in that I have not had any coughing or sore throat issues.

What adds anxiety: I am overweight, but much less so than 4 months ago. Last year I would have episodes when waking up that my heartbeat was out of whack and since the sensation was new, I'd get pretty anxious. Like a fool, I never went to the doctor as an adult (due to shame/fear about hearing a doctor say "lose weight" or "you're diabetic" like my father. Finally in October, I had enough and went to the doctor and then in November went to a cardiologist. Long story short, wearing heart monitors for a while resulted in a number of PACs, PVCs, and a brief run of tachycardia, but nothing to worry about. Cardiologist told me "you're fine. keep losing weight" OK. I was still worried because I would get the episodes, but never while wearing the monitor. I'm convinced I have a-fib like my father, but never diagnosed. Other than that, just before Thanksgiving @ appointment with the cardiologist, I weighed 305 lbs! Ugh! Actually it was a little less than I thought it would be (I'm 6'2"). Im putting in the work on that, and yesterday I weighed 252. Progress is being made.

But the obesity and insulin resistance has left me with chronic inflammation (last HS-CRP test was 8.2, previous a month before that was over 9) that is probably a big contributor to the irregular heartbeats. But this illness has taken the heartbeat irregularity to a new level of burden (time through the day). It has gotten better since Friday, and I'm fairly optimistic I'll be over it soon. But I can't say I havent been worried that the irregular heart beats falls into the category of comorbidities that have a high chance to yield poor outcomes.

If they ever get a test set-up for anti-bodies, I'll definitely seek that out, but so far I have not feel the need to leave the house with these mild symptoms.

Last edited:
After sending 3 of my employees home for quarantine for 2 weeks that had come in contact with a delivery driver who tested positive, they were all able to come back to work since they did not show symptoms for 14 days. Luckily my boss (who lives in Florida) paid them while they were out. He could never get an straight answer from the Legal dept, so he just manually added their hours so they could get paid. I would assume in the scheme of things, this is a rare thing he did for them that most companies aren't doing. Kudos to him for it. I just hope he doesn't get in trouble over it..

Has anyone yet bought a forehead thermometer? I can no longer find a thermometer within 10 kilometers, even a mercury thermometer. Finally, I ordered one in the online store, but fortunately they are discounting, otherwise I will have to spend an incredible $ 100 to get a thermometer. The discount is almost over.
link: Amazon product ASIN B086MVY6ZGcode: AXTQ2WRV

Has anyone yet bought a forehead thermometer? I can no longer find a thermometer within 10 kilometers, even a mercury thermometer. Finally, I ordered one in the online store, but fortunately they are discounting, otherwise I will have to spend an incredible $ 100 to get a thermometer. The discount is almost over.

I have a Braun forehead thermometer. They are pretty accurate if you use them away from an a/c vent or fan. If you have a house that you might keep cool or warm, it might be inaccurate by a degree.Also have to have a bone dry forehead or it will be way off.

Figure I would post in here since I kinda hijacked the Von Miller thread.

Wife is currently in Quarantine with "The Coronas" as my 4 year old daughter calls it. She's an ICU nurse who was being bounced around a couple of hospitals based on need because of how good she is at what she does. Unfortunately on of her co-workers is not and did something dumb and now she's in quarantine.

Symptoms started on Tues night with a bad headache / borderline migraine.

Wed she had no energy, felt exhausted and started getting really achy. Went to a walk-in to get tested but they could only do a chest x-ray and give her an appt for the drive thru testing site the following morning.

Thurs woke up feeling very similar and went to get tested and it game back positive. Packed up clothes and essentials for her and brought her to her moms' house where they are taking care of her. Both are Nurse Practitioners and very skilled, so she's in the best place she can be.

Yesterday, Friday, got kinda dicey as she started coughing, had sever tightness in her chest and shortness of breath. She has a SAT monitor next to her bed so she can constantly monitor her oxygen level and the lowest it got was 90%. Currently back up to 96%. Never had, and currently does not have a fever. Just the really sheetty feeling and chest/breathing issues.

Today, Saturday, she hasn't gotten any better, but has not gotten any worse either. So thank God for that. She is missing me and our 3 children (all under age 10) and we are missing the hell out of her.

She can't take any of the chloroquine's because of the adverse side effect they have when interacting with one of her med's she takes regularly. It can cause her heart's QT to prolongue to the point of causing a massive MI. Not that versed in the terminology but basically could cause her heart to stop. So, not good.

Anyway, just wanted to share.

Wife is currently in Quarantine with "The Coronas" as my 4 year old daughter calls it. She's an ICU nurse who was being bounced around a couple of hospitals based on need because of how good she is at what she does. Unfortunately on of her co-workers is not and did something dumb and now she's in quarantine.

Wed she had no energy, felt exhausted and started getting really achy. Went to a walk-in to get tested but they could only do a chest x-ray and give her an appt for the drive thru testing site the following morning.

Thurs woke up feeling very similar and went to get tested and it game back positive. Packed up clothes and essentials for her and brought her to her moms' house where they are taking care of her. Both are Nurse Practitioners and very skilled, so she's in the best place she can be.

Yesterday, Friday, got kinda dicey as she started coughing, had sever tightness in her chest and shortness of breath. She has a SAT monitor next to her bed so she can constantly monitor her oxygen level and the lowest it got was 90%. Currently back up to 96%. Never had, and currently does not have a fever. Just the really shirtty feeling and chest/breathing issues.

Today, Saturday, she hasn't gotten any better, but has not gotten any worse either. So thank God for that. She is missing me and our 3 children (all under age 10) and we are missing the hell out of her.

She can't take any of the chloroquine's because of the adverse side effect they have when interacting with one of her med's she takes regularly. It can cause her heart's QT to prolongue to the point of causing a massive MI. Not that versed in the terminology but basically could cause her heart to stop. So, not good.

Thanks for telling us - I hope the worst is over for her keep us posted.

?

Thanks for telling us - I hope the worst is over for her keep us posted.

?
Me too. And I will. Thanks!

Also, just a note. Neither myself nor any of the kids have exhibited symptoms yet. Which means we either have it and are asymptomatic or we don't have it. Which would be extremely baffling to me. But we are quarantining ourselves. Thanks to family and friends I don't have to cook or go get groceries as they are bringing us everything we could need.

Me too. And I will. Thanks!

Also, just a note. Neither myself nor any of the kids have exhibited symptoms yet. Which means we either have it and are asymptomatic or we don't have it. Which would be extremely baffling to me. But we are quarantining ourselves. Thanks to family and friends I don't have to cook or go get groceries as they are bringing us everything we could need.
Did y’all do any special cleaning/sanitizing around the house

Give your wife our best
Good luck to you and kids

I have one for the toddler and find them to be terribly inaccurate.

Did y’all do any special cleaning/sanitizing around the house

Give your wife our best
Good luck to you and kids
I mean sure, I washed the sheets, clothes. sprayed some lysol, but didn't do some deep clean/sanitization/sterilization.

Cause like I've stated maybe here or in another thread. I believe we all probably have it and just are asymptomatic. There's just no way we can't have it. This may be TMI, but our Anniversary was Monday and we practiced for it on Saturday and Sunday. She started exhibiting symptoms on Tues. She prepared food. Both the little ones still crawl into our bed every night and use her as a jungle gym. There's just no way we didn't get it. If we didn't, we're past the point of it being viable now.

Yesterday, Friday, got kinda dicey as she started coughing, had sever tightness in her chest and shortness of breath. She has a SAT monitor next to her bed so she can constantly monitor her oxygen level and the lowest it got was 90%. Currently back up to 96%. Never had, and currently does not have a fever. Just the really shirtty feeling and chest/breathing issues.

Update: Sunday - She's feeling better. Achiness has subsided. Still very tired and very weak. Some tightness in the chest and shortness of breath. Though mostly when she tries to get up and walk around the room.

Her co-worker that is the culprit for this however, is being admitted to the ER and will most likely be intubated. We're hoping he pulls through.

I mean sure, I washed the sheets, clothes. sprayed some lysol, but didn't do some deep clean/sanitization/sterilization.

Cause like I've stated maybe here or in another thread. I believe we all probably have it and just are asymptomatic. There's just no way we can't have it. This may be TMI, but our Anniversary was Monday and we practiced for it on Saturday and Sunday. She started exhibiting symptoms on Tues. She prepared food. Both the little ones still crawl into our bed every night and use her as a jungle gym. There's just no way we didn't get it. If we didn't, we're past the point of it being viable now.
there's a wedding anniversary/jungle gym joke in here that i'll save til she's fully recovered
glad to hear she's on the mend and that y'all were spared

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom